Board Photograph Issue

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
Rugerologist

Board Photograph Issue

Post by Rugerologist »

Perhaps someone can help me figure out an issue that I've been having with posting photos here. It's not just with my own photographs but also others that you all upload. It seems that if I crop or rotate a photo on my computer then upload it here that it appears to display correctly in the post but if you click on it it's liable to be upside down or sideways. Then, in the new display thread that Don posted earlier his photos appear correct in the post but when I click to enlarge many of them are sideways. Is anyone else having this problem or is it something with the display on my end?
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
d findley

Re: Board Photograph Issue

Post by d findley »

On my post on the display the photos appear (on my machine) sideways. When I click on them they are then correct/straight. Never happened to me before. All were cropped and resized in advance. Could it just depend on the computer? I tried to post them straight up & down, no luck. The 1st pic is straight, the others sideways. ???
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Yes, the first and last photos appear correct in your post and the rest sideways until you click them.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Chuck,
Same for me, when I rotate a pic and upload it all looks good until I post & then sideways again!
So when I want to post a pic on the forum I don't hold the camera "up & down" just normal, if that makes sense.
Then no need to rotate it. Also when I upload more than one pic the first one on top always ends the last one in the post....
It's all over my head, I have no idea why. Hell, I still have a flip phone! :)

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

If you drink enuff corn likker you will see double pictures at all angles! I have a slide pone... No.. That's slide PHONE... Pone is corn bread... I have to figure out how to put pictures up myself...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Carl, if you can take photos and email from your phone then it's easy. Take the photo, email it to yourself, open your email on the computer, download it from email, edit, drag and drop into your post here! If using a digital camera with a memory card you can either hook the camera directly to the computer with USB or get the photos off of the memory card using a reader. Then edit, and drag and drop into the intended post. Display beyond that is something I'm trying to figure out.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Chuck,
I think you lost WT right after "it's easy".... :lol: :lol:

JAY
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

JAYDAWG wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:07 pm Chuck,
I think you lost WT right after "it's easy".... :lol: :lol:

JAY
He sure did! I ain't that technical with a computer... A hammer or wrench or micrometer I can use... So no pics from The Watertender...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
ruger
Site Admin

Post by ruger »

I admit I'm not here much, I help a lot of people and I just can't read all the forums (or even admin them)
If you have an example post can you point me at it and email me a example of the crop/rotated that when posted looks right and then doesn't ;)

I think you can click my email but if not ruger @ will get to me,
thanks,
David
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

ruger wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 am I admit I'm not here much, I help a lot of people and I just can't read all the forums (or even admin them)
If you have an example post can you point me at it and email me a example of the crop/rotated that when posted looks right and then doesn't ;)

I think you can click my email but if not ruger @ will get to me,
thanks,
David
viewtopic.php?f=31&p=8651#p8651

David,
Here you go.....
JAY