ROCS OGCA Show, who's going

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
RoninPA

Re: ROCS OGCA Show, who's going

Post by RoninPA »

For those of you who will be at the banquet and are reloaders, I am bringing some packages of brass to be given away FOR FREE (I know grammar Nazis, redundant statement :D ). There will be .38 spl, 9mm, .223/5.56, and some other sizes. All are excess to my needs (or I don't have anything chambered in them) so I'm giving it away. I'll find a place in the banquet room to put it and you can help yourself. Don't forget the mystery gun case, top bidder gets the case and everything in it (retail is over $250).

See everyone in a few days, stay safe in your travels.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Can someone recommend a good place to eat around that area that isn't a chain? I'd like to take my wife out Friday evening somewhere different than our local haunts. Perhaps, other activities in the area that we could get into? We aren't picky just excited to explore a change of scenery!

Also, I'll be putting this signed Chief AJ block from the World Record Shoot of 87 in the auction. These have gotten hard to find. Probably some Ruger paperwork too.
Attachments
IMG-1776.JPG
IMG-1775.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Hi chuck, First the OGCA show is north of a very popular amusement park called Kings Island. It is a family theme park with rides, restaurants and some nice things to do. Second, for an outstanding dinner, look up The Golden Lamb in Lebanon, Ohio. Very famous and near only about 20 minutes away. Dayton is home to the Air Force Museum and contains some very neat displays of military and private planes. It is less than 25 miles from the OGCA show.
I strongly suggest you make reservations for the Golden Lamb restaurant before arriving. If I come up with more ideas, I will post them for you. I am happy that your wife will be joining you and bring her to the banquet as we will have some ladies items to auction off! Brass Frame/Lee E
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Lee, thank you very much for the above information. I'm looking forward to seeing you again and we will certainly look into your suggestions together this evening. I want to ensure that she has a good time at this event too!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

There are a lot of good places to eat in the area that are not chains. Mason Inn just north of Kinks Island bills at the frog leg capital @ over a ton a month with a killer salad bar. Golden Lamb is another great idea with a ton of history. My first wife was from near there and I used to know my way round the area. Now my brother lives just down the road from Kings Island. Let me know if you have any questions. In the past the group has went to a Chinese buffet down road the hotel after we set up.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

That's Kings Island, dang fat fingers!
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Charlie, Thank you! I will have to break from the traditional Chinese buffet and take her out exploring on Friday evening. This is sort of my way of making the weekend about both of us. After that, it's all about the show and banquet! Between us, I'm hoping to show her a really good time so that it's easier for me to attend subsequent shows down the road ;) .
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Still making labels and some adjustments but I'm almost ready to get this finalized and packed up. The weekend is rapidly approaching. We've settled on the Golden Lamb Friday evening and thanks to Lee and Charlie for the recommendations!
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Here's my contribution to the banquet auction. All Chief AJ memorabilia and the pen is not in the photo.

Signed Block from the World Record shoot with visible Hansen projectile.
Ramline magazine
Rack Systems Magazine
Exhibition Grade BB Tube
Throwing Knife Target
2 "Bubblegum" Cards - 1 Signed, 1 Unsigned (These are recognized as "trading cards" by trading card news in 1988 and can be graded).
Ink Pen
Slingbow Iron On Patch
Business Card
Attachments
IMG-1789.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Cirrihitidae, Could you please send me your donation list in a separate email to me along with values for each item. Bill needs this information for accounting purposes and i must prepare auction cards for each item. Thanks for your donations and see you this coming Friday. brass frame/Lee E