ROCS MK IV

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
flattop44

Re: ROCS MK IV

Post by flattop44 »

Received the same email today too Ron. Called them, paid and they are to be shipped tomorrow. I received the letters for the #53 pair that I bought at the OGCA ROCS Auction, really nice documentation and provenance for the future. Beautiful pair of pistols.
Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Really looking forward to my set and they should ship today!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

UPS said mine will be in my possession tomorrow (8/9/18). It will be late afternoon as my UPS guy doesn't get here until 3:30-5:00. Can't wait, like a kid at Christmas.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Same here Ron, although mine won't be in until mid next week. A friend of mine that lives close also has a set on the way. I hope to get some good photos of all of them together for you all.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Just unboxed my Mark IV's. What beautiful guns!! The wife said, "You're not going to shoot them are you?" I replied, "Heck yes, what are guns for but to shoot." She slapped me :D And great letters to go with them.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Sure would like to see some photos!!
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

DSCN0782.JPG
I think I'll need a different (larger) display box to make them look better. I might just get one that will hold both of these and my ROCS Bearcat.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
ruger
Site Admin

Post by ruger »

Look on ebay for large watch boxes.
You can find just beautiful wood boxes in the $40 range, glass top kind of stuff, maybe multi-drawer.

I've purchased these and ripped out the guts and remade them for antique firearms before, it's really not hard.

Finding the right felt, Styrofoam (and a cutter, hot wire thing), spray adhesive, and a little bit of smarts will get you a long way.

I cut all the way though the foam, modify it as needed and put it back, typically going top to bottom to push the felt down that is left from the center where you didn't want it and used for the sides. Again it's not rocket science, I don't know how that make those boxes for that price. I know nothing about wood but they sure look nice.

I'm sure you could make a stellar case for them, if you gift them to me I could show you :D
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

I got the case above from here: http://www.customdisplays.com/gun-display-cases.html and it cost me $50. I've bought from them in the past and really like their workmanship.

Sorry, I don't think the wife would allow these to leave the house :D
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
d findley

Post by d findley »

David, Good tip on the watch boxes. I just looked and there is a big selection up now.