Great ideas for new displays

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
Charlie1022

Great ideas for new displays

Post by Charlie1022 »

I just saw a post that listed the Talo exclusives at http://www.taloinc.com/ruger-firearms and was thinking that hear are some great ideas to see some new displays of what people are collecting. They are limited editions that make them interesting. I spent some time reading about the different 10/22's listed. Lets hear from those collecting these and maybe we can get them to get them out and display their collections.
It is a lot of fun talking about what you collect and learning about what others collect.
Charlie1022
Watertender

Re: Great ideas for new displays

Post by Watertender »

Charlie I think you are on to something! Not everyone can find a Red Eagle or a Flat Gate or any other early rare Ruger. TALO does have some very fine special editions. I have a 10/22 TALO International which is great. Perhaps I will include it in a future display.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Yes, I've been thinking of putting together a display of exclusives, I have the 50th anniversary Blackhawks, Single-Six, Mark II and some Talo and Centennial editions.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Love to see them in July. The more new displayers we get the more fun we all have.
Charlie1022
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Charlie,
TALO- As WT notes Funding and Availability limits what is available in certain Old Models and Highly Collectible pieces. Like most collectors I've always dreamed of acquiring a few 1954-58 Single Six's engraved by Charles H. Jerred, they are held long by collectors and appear rarely. With TALO you have the opportunity to enjoy engraved pistol'os in a large variety of affordable engraved revolvers and semi-autos. I haven't ran down this rabbit hole but its one I appreciate TALO offering Ruger customers.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Gene, With all the many different TALO specials there must be many people collecting them . Now the question is how can we get the word out to invite them to display their collections and learn how much fun it is to talk about our collections and show them off. Hope to see you at the NRA Annual meeting next week and OGCAA show in July.
Charlie1022