Rocs Membership

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
RugerfanAustria

Rocs Membership

Post by RugerfanAustria »

Hello everyone, sorry for my absence, but I have cleaned up my collection and started to write a few facts for the authorities for my application next year in order to have a serious interest in my collection, which is supposed to be about "Ruger revolvers from 1973 - today" proves. In the meantime I have gathered knowledge on 38 A4 pages. But now we come to another crucial point of the Ruger Owners & Collectors Society, which I would like to join but still have a few questions.
1) Is the membership fee for 365 days or per calendar year?
2) Do I get a membership card or other confirmation of membership?

Best regards from Vienna
flattop44

Re: Rocs Membership

Post by flattop44 »

Good to hear from you. I sure hope everything works out good for you in your collecting efforts and dealing with the authorities. To answer your questions, the Membership is on a calendar year basis and due by December 31st for the upcoming year...due by Dec 31, 2021 for the calendar year 2022. International dues for any one year is $75. We will send you a membership card and ROCS Logo brassard. You can pay for as many as 5 years in advance. We look forward to your membership in ROCS.
Bill Hamm ROCS Treasurer
RugerfanAustria

flattop44 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:17 am We look forward to your membership in ROCS.
Bill Hamm ROCS Treasurer
Thanks for the quick reply Flattopp 44. I have just paid the membership fee for a foreign member for the year 2022 and I am happy to be part of the Ruger Owners & Collectors Society and maybe even the first member in my home country.

Best regards Markus
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Congratulations, we are happy that you have joined us.
Bill
contender

Post by contender »

Welcome Markus!

Lots of great folks here!
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Welcome
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Glad to have you aboard, membership also includes a Spring and Fall Digest and Summer and Winter Report, they are high quality and very informative. What do you have in your collection so far?
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
RugerfanAustria

67stingray wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:52 pm What do you have in your collection so far?
Bennett
First of all, thank you very much for my warm welcome in the forum and at Rocs

Since I am currently only allowed 7 pieces, I have rearranged my collection in order to be as broad as possible for my application as an official collector in my home country Austria. I currently own:

Super Redhawk Alaskan 454 Casull
Super Blackhawk Hunter 44 Magnum
Redhawk 5,5 Inch 44 Magnum
Blackhawk 4,62 Inch blued 357 Magnum
GP100 3 Inch 44 Special

I have ordered Single Six Hunter and Super GP100 for my 2 free but not yet occupied places. In addition, I have a Security Six with 6 inches at my dealer in depot so that this revolver does not appear in my permit.

Best Regards
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Good to have you with us. Sounds like you have a very nice collection. Looking forward to having you post. We have fun so jump right in!!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
RugerfanAustria

Watertender wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:23 am Sounds like you have a very nice collection. Looking forward to having you post.
Unfortunately, I still have to wait for the Super Gp100 and the Single Six Hunter and I don't think that they will arrive in Austria before 2022. On the picture you can see the 5 revolvers that I currently have at home. When the other 2 are delivered, I will attach a picture.
20210919_160355~2.jpg
In the beginning I only wanted DA Revolver but as a real Ruger fan you can't get past the SA Revolvers.