ROCS Shows and Displays

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
Coogs

Re: ROCS Shows and Displays

Post by Coogs »

Frank, did that myself for quite a few years at a local gun show as well as one time over a weekend in a big LGS for his "sale days". I was invited to the shows and space was provided at no cost. Local shows mentioned it in their advertisements and figured it would be an additional draw. I was never concerned as to the affiliation, back then, the RCA, though I did have membership applications available. Personally I always figured it would peak the interest in others to become displayers and collectors down the road. As an individual collector a display at a local show always had the tendency to bring that "old Ruger" out of the closet. Some rare and scarce guns we found that way. I would think the management here would ok the distribution of ROCS materials at a one man show.....though I would say that financial assistance in any form should not be expected, I never did and am thinking about doing it again at a local show. Just one more little bit of encouragement for that neophyte collector. JMHO, Jack
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

Jack. I wasn't even suggesting that the ROCS pony up any cash reimbursement, just more or less an OK you may say that it is a ROCS display and perhaps have some membership applications available. I don't even know if anyone would want to do a 'one man/woman' show but thought I would pose the questions I have, just in case. What I really was looking for was some pre-show information that possible be presented as to the 'how to', 'what to do/not do', and where to acquire some of the display material I have seen on most of the photos of the various displays.
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Frank, I knew that. I was just stating my opinion. A one person show is a very gratifying thing, no matter what you are displaying. I wouldn't think ROCS would have any kind of problem with people doing one. All they need to do is supply the displayer with some membership apps, maybe a few journals and an advertisement or two. I guess my statement is a suggestion, which is why this thread was started. And to throw my other two cents in. The biggest thing about displaying IS the financial investment. Displaying is a lot of hard work, we all know that. Travel expense, table fees, meals, investment in display..........all add up. Any little bit of relief helps. Most show sponsors realize that a big ROCS display helps draw customers. Free display tables would be great, display tables at a reduced cost help. Some sponsors even pony up a cash award, either through their own judging, public judging or added to displayers judging. These are all things that ROCS can negotiate with the sponsor. Regardless of what may happen, it's nice to see that there are people in this organization that have taken the lead it promoting our craft and keeping the spirit alive.........Jack
ruger
Site Admin

Post by ruger »

Has anyone created a banner people can print and put in a plexiglass standup by the application forms?

Put this on it and it will point right to the join page.
Attachments
ROCS_QR_Join.png
ROCS_QR_Join.png (508 Bytes) Viewed 4585 times
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

David, that is cool. It worked from my phone right off of the screen. Need to print up a couple for the membership tables so they can use PayPal or Credit Cards to join if they want to.
Thanks a lot!!

Bill
ruger
Site Admin

Post by ruger »

flattop44 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:18 pm David, that is cool. It worked from my phone right off of the screen. Need to print up a couple for the membership tables so they can use PayPal or Credit Cards to join if they want to.
Thanks a lot!!

Bill
Need a cool Ruger sign of some sort with the Join Here!
Something like this all I can find at the moment is this old one...
Attachments
unnamed (1).jpg
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

With the great graphic details in the Journal can they come up with something to help draw attention or maybe have a contest between members to come up with some different ideas to help recruit new members?
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

I know at times our digest is hard to come by at Shows. It would be nice if at the membership sign up table we could have a binder with all the digest for folks to look through and see what they are missing by not being members.in a binder it would be hard for someone to walk off with it. We have a lot to enjoy we just need to show people what they are missing.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Big Old Boy

I think you idea of a binder with a copy of each issue in it is a good IDEA. I will talk to our editor and see if we have extra copies to be able to put it together.

O M CRAZY/Vince
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

With the high cost to print such a great quality Journal would it be possible to offer it online to members to save on cost or to show people what they are missing not being a member? All it would take is a lap top or tablet to show more of what we have to offer. Just trying to think of ways to get more exposure and more members.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022