<SOLD>nice Ruger OM Blackhawk, 45 Colt, 4 5/8" bbl

Ruger Firearm, Parts, and Other
bigbore45colt

<SOLD>nice Ruger OM Blackhawk, 45 Colt, 4 5/8" bbl

Post by bigbore45colt »

<SOLD> Nice Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt. This is a blued, 6-shot, old model single action revolver with the desirable 4 5/8" barrel. The gun is 100% original and has NOT been sent back to the factory for the safety conversion (ie it still has the original lockwork). Gun probably has been shot but it sure doesn't look like it was very much. Bore is great, timing is good, lock up is tight. No real bluing wear, just a few handling marks here and there, as seen in pictures. Since there are no numbers scribed on the face of the cylinder, I am assuming, with confidence, that this was a single cylinder gun when it shipped (ie catalog BKH44). Based on my extensive research on old model Blackhawk 45s, I would venture to guess that this gun shipped in March/April/May, 1971 (no guarantees as I didn't contact Ruger, I just have records for a BUNCH of other BKH44s in the 45-05XXX range that all shipped in that timeframe, and that is right around the time that Ruger switched from black eagle to silver eagle medallions, which this has). No box or papers.

Remember, there were less old model Blackhawks in 45 made than there were 44 Flat-tops!! This is a very nice gun, one of the nicest I've come across in quite a while.

Asking $1150, shipped to your FFL.****SOLD****

Not a lot of opportunities to take pictures on an overcast day here in Phoenix...always blue skies and sun, so even in the shade, there is a good bit of light reflection on the bluing. Sorry for the sub-optimal picture quality. I'll learn a better way soon enough.

First "I'll take it" email to me at bigbore45colt @ ptd.net (remove the space in front of and after the @) gets it. Payment by USPS Money Order, cashier's check, or credit card. Please note that credit card purchases lose a 3.5% cash discount. I am going to list this on a few other places, to maximize exposure. If unsold after a few days, I will take it to auction.

Thanks for looking!

BB45C