XR3-RED SHORT Grip Frames

gunsbam45

XR3-RED SHORT Grip Frames

Post by gunsbam45 »

I have a friend who really would like to have one of the XR3-RED SHORT grip frames on a 4 3/4" drift rear sight single six. I have been trying to find him one without buying one of the little .32 Vaquerito/Baby Vaqueros and pulling the grip frame for a very long time now to no avail. Just putting this out there in case anyone has one they'd want to sell, or knows where to go. Would actually prefer a new in the white part, chromoly, blueable, but he is at the point now he will take whatever we can get in an XR3-RED SHORT.

Thanks,
Brian McGrew
McGrew Gun Works
101 Durham St
Longford, KS 67458
918-440-2049
mcgrewguns@gmail.com
gunsbam45

Re: XR3-RED SHORT Grip Frames

Post by gunsbam45 »

Still looking for a short grip frame...
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Hello Brian,
Happy Holidays!
I have a collectable GKNR5FS that someone put a short frame on which I think needs to be restored to original. This frame wears custom wood by Outlaw Grips. I would like to trade for a comparable regular frame set-up but I will sell it if I can find a replacement to buy.
Owen
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
gunsbam45

Post by gunsbam45 »

Owen,

I just now saw this and sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Brian
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Hi Brian,
Your pm did not go through.
O
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
gunsbam45

Post by gunsbam45 »

Dunno what happened but if you want to shoot me an email, text or just call sometime you've got my info.
gunsbam45

Post by gunsbam45 »

Still on the hunt for a blue one...
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Brian,
From what I have learned blue steel grip frames were only offered on the distributor special guns (Last Cowboy, Williams?). So, probably like finding that needle dropped in the hay.
Owen