FS: Nice shooter Ruger OM Blackhawk 45 Colt/ACP, 7.5"

bigbore45colt

FS: Nice shooter Ruger OM Blackhawk 45 Colt/ACP, 7.5"

Post by bigbore45colt »

FS: nice condition shooter grade Ruger OM Blackhawk convertible in 45 Colt and 45 ACP. The gun has NOT been sent back to the factory for the safety conversion (ie it still has its original lockwork in it). S/N is 45-22783. Per Ruger, this shipped in March, 1973 as a BKH44X, which is a 4 5/8" barrel. Somewhere down the line, the barrel was changed to a 7.5" barrel (early NM barrel with the eagle logo). The gun was also reblued, probably at that time as the barrel and frame match pretty well. Grips are in good shape. Front sight has some white paint on it, which is easily removed. Comes with the 45 ACP cylinder, numbered to the gun, and red felt bag. No box or papers.

I bought this gun here on the RugerForum a little over a year ago, not knowing it was reblued. The seller didn't realize it either and was willing to take it back but this was right at the time my dad got pretty sick and it was a few months before I could get back to it, and I didn't feel right doing anything with it by then but keeping it. So I just now got around to confirming the ship date and catalog number with Ruger, and, since it won't fit in my OM 45 collection, I figured I'd move it along.

So, I'm offering it for sale one of two ways:

1) Asking $735, shipped to your FFL.
2) Asking $575, shipped to your FFL, WITHOUT the ACP cylinder. Since it's a shooter, I figured someone might not be interested in the ACP cylinder, so I thought I'd offer this as an option. I'm pretty sure I can sell the cylinder separately, IF the gun sells this way.

If it doesn't sell here for these prices, I'm going to put it out to auction on GunBroker, without the ACP cylinder.

First "I'll take it" email to me at bigbore45colt @ ptd.net (remove the space in front of and after the @) gets it. Payment by USPS Money Order, cashier's check, or credit card. Please note that credit card purchases lose a 3.5% cash discount. I am going to list this on a few other places, to maximize exposure. If unsold after a few days, I will take it to auction.

Thanks for looking!

BB45C