new guy with a question

chukster909

new guy with a question

Post by chukster909 »

I have a pristine 3 screw (not flat top) in 30 carbine. shot VERY little. doesn't even have the typical "ring" on the cylinder. I want to sell it. Any suggestion on the best method ? The revolver and I are in Delaware.
67stingray

Re: new guy with a question

Post by 67stingray »

Gunbroker is one option, you could list it here on the classified section and other forums. There may be someone here interested.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
chukster909

Post by chukster909 »

thanks. didn't know I could sell on GunBroker. I don't have an FFL. So I guess I get a "sale" I take the gun to a local FFL and he sends it to the buyers FFL ?
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Yes you can send via ffl or some ffl's will accept them from an individual with a copy of your driver's license. Show us some pics of it, do you know how much you want for it?
Bennett
chukster909

Post by chukster909 »

Hope this works.
gun is a 50 prefix.and has been fired very little. Barely a trace of the line on the cylinder. And the only other flaw is a tiny chip in the finish on the ejector rod.
A friend passed and left me 4 guns. The other 3 are worth maybe $100 total. I plan on giving his widow $200 for the others and whatever I can get for the Ruger. Shes' in her late 60's and in a tight spot...still has a mortgage and he had only a small ins and pension.
hope the pics come thru.
Tell me what you think its worth.
If you want more pics I will send them directly to your email.
Attachments
IMG_0781.JPG
IMG_0779.JPG
IMG_0780.JPG
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Chuck, that's a very nice looking Blackhawk, it has obviously been taken well cared for. The latest price that Chad from RENE has listed for it is $460. That price is what one collector would pay another collector for one in 98%. Seems to me one that nice would bring more, maybe someone with more experience on them will chime in. There's one like it but not as nice listed now on Gunbroker for $550 with no bids and 2 days remaining.
Bennett
chukster909

Post by chukster909 »

Thanks for the kind words as well as the input.
I have seen prices all over although my original thought was it was worth about $500. Not having the original box or paper work certainly hurts the value.
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

Gunbroker is easily the most expensive media to sell a gun. It is also time-intensive to list just one gun. Plus they require your CC info and that you trust them to never misuse it... :lol: :lol:

This forum has free classifieds, as do others. Clean your lens, use the lighting tips to show condition, set an asking price, and read up on shipping terms and costs. There are no federal requirements to ship a handgun FROM an FFL holder (but a transfer FFL is required if you are shipping across state lines) but an un-informed transfer dealer may demand that, so charge accordingly.

- Tip: You don't list your state - but if you find a buyer in your own state (except for a very few anti-USC states), you can usually ship or deliver directly to a buyer without FFL involvement. That saves money as well.
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops: