US Stamped Ruger mark one

david knutson

US Stamped Ruger mark one

Post by david knutson »

I don't know if anybody's been following the auction on gun broker for the KMKB but it's getting right up there!
I've been trying to figure out for a long time how to price this pistol that I have it is a Ruger mark one I can't remember the serial number right off hand I will get it posted it is in the original Armory packaging with the TEC Manual in the box when I bought it was a box of clean boar Remington cartridges seems to me like there's also something else in there if you happen to have a copy of Bill Jenkins military target pistols this one is in there.
I'm gonna ask $4000 for it I'll ship it to you , I'm gonna retire this year well at least semi-retire as long as our commander chief don't screw up any worse than he has I'm going to have some more pistols for sale thank you very much for looking David Knutson The serial number is 79214 Anybody has any interest let me know I'll send you pictures
Last edited by david knutson on Sun May 01, 2022 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
06dilly

Re: US Stamped Ruger mark one

Post by 06dilly »

So the one on GB right now is a Mk II and is at $4,025 with 2 days to go. I'm going to guess this NOT the KMKB in the Rene guide for $890... Amazing. Looking forward to the story from a more seasoned collector on the forum here. Is this auction fever or real value on the GB gun?

TomD
david knutson

Post by david knutson »

I'm guessing that somebody wants it bad or they have a consecutive number to it don't know I've had three of those pistols and I think the most I got out of one was 1800 I realize the mark one is not the same pistol or anything like that as far as I'm concerned the US mark one is far rare and worth more than that KMKB that's just my opinion but this is just kind a guideline I'm going I've seen some crazy prices the last few months not in a hurry to sell it but I would let it go You'll never find another one like this
david knutson

Post by david knutson »

From what I can tell it is just the common Ruger collectors association overrun like the one in Chad's book they're worth with somebody's willing to pay.
No disrespect to Shad or anybody that contributed to the pricing on that stuff in his guide but honestly it's not even a guide anymore all that highly collectible stuff or most of it is rat Hold in somebody's collection and if you want something and see it I sure as heck wouldn't quit bidding at their Posted price Because in today's world there's very good chance you'll never see it again so if it makes you feel All warm and fuzzy knowing that it's in your safe knock yourself out it's only money
chet15

Post by chet15 »

The guide is still accurate.
And... I don't fill the prices out... 10-12 of the top collectors around the country fill the price guide out, which also means that the collectors who fill the questionaire's out are using real time gun show or auction experience as to what is moving and what is not.
Gun prices are bonkers right now... Just because several guys get pucker factor over one piece does not mean that the price guide does not have its use. And... how do you know that a couple people aren't running the price up???
Example.... the last few 7-1/2" .44 flattops I've seen sell on auction have consistently went for less than $1K. Yet varmint barreled M77's are consistently bringing an average of $1,500.
A few years ago there were three or four 10/22's in .22 Mag that sold within a couple weeks of each other... each bringing $3K to $4K each. Is the 10/22 in .22 Mag. worth $3K to $4K? NO.
Is the KMK512B RCA overrun worth now $5K plus? NO!!
Over the last year I have been watching auctions and some prices are absolutely crazy.... it isn't collector guns that have the most attention, it is the guns that people are having the most trouble finding today because of low production over the last couple years because of COVID and because all that $ sitting in peoples pockets because of the last two COVID years has burned a hole in their pockets.
Just some advice... this will pass.
Gun demand is cyclical. When a Republican President gets back in there again and the gun market is swamped with guns, what do you suppose will happen???
If you are looking to get $5K plus out of your KMK512B, you are more than likely going to be very disappointed.
Another example... me and the wife went to a house auction around 10 years ago and there were several bags of Kennedy half dollars that were at the auction, $50 to $100 in each bag... no silver, all clad. There was pucker factory at that auction as well because those half dollars (that you can still get at the bank) were bringing an average of $1 each! Good sale for the seller! But not so much for the buyer!!!
Just don't let "pucker factor" get the best of you.
Chet15
06dilly

Post by 06dilly »

Well said Chad. Thanks for your feedback. Some days I think the whole world has lost it's collective mind.

TomD
david knutson

Post by david knutson »

Shad I kind of think that we both said the same thing just use different words I don't think that there's anybody that can tell me that they've seen a KMKB sell for $800 in the last couple years and I don't know anybody that would sell one for that price, other than Rpm he could squeeze a turd and turn it into a diamond! And the fact remains they're worth whatever you can get out of them would I pay 5000 for that pistol no I would not in the past I've sold three of them and And one of them did sell for $1800 the pistol I have for sale right now is not a KMK it is a mark one that's still in the armory box what I was trying to say if there's something you really want you better go after it because it's good chance you'll never see it again and they're worth whatever a person is willing to pay for it, please read my post carefully as I did say no disrespect to anybody !