Please keep Kelly Kimbro in your prayers

Anything Ruger related.
Ruger1nut

Please keep Kelly Kimbro in your prayers

Post by Ruger1nut »

From her daughter
As some may have heard by now, my mom (Kelly) was in a wreck on her mule at our mountain ranch on January 2nd. Mom, my grandpa Warner and a good friend (Rick) were chasing some wild cattle in a rough pasture, when Rick and Warner noticed mom was suddenly radio silent and Rick heard her from a distance hollering in a strange way. She can't recall anything that happened, but Warner and Rick both got to her relatively soon after the wreck occurred and saw that she was very hurt. Luckily, I was in the ranch house there with Heather (Rick's wife, good friend) and my dad (we had planned to all meet up to film a few things that afternoon). We heard Rick say that "Kelly is hurt," which began the process of communications and relay messages and coordination of rescue and helicopters. A full run down of the story will come when I have time to write it all down. Long story short, mom (Kelly) was flown to Tucson and was treated by a Trauma team. She is on the road to recovery now, but it may be a while. Prognosis at this point is below, and thank you all for your prayers and well wishes and kind thoughts and offers to help. We are blessed with quite a circle of friends and love and support, and are truly thankful to each of you. I will let any of you know if we need anything! Also, please kindly refrain from planning a visit to mom in the hospital, as a time may come down the road where we can handle that. ❤️

Kelly's injuries/update as of Jan 3, 8 PM: Kelly has 7 broken ribs on her left side. They nicked her spleen. Surgery to cauterize/patch that spleen up via the artery channel in her thigh was successful (occurred late night January 2 after initial eval).
Also, showing concussion symptoms but not confirmed yet, probably working that tomorrow. She is on some heavy pain meds to keep her calm as she was in a whole lot of pain. No brain bleeding. Her shoulders and legs and all else appears to be fine. She is currently in ICU for close monitoring of it all. Number one priority beyond all of that now is focusing on her breathing, as she is struggling a bit to get enough oxygen because of the pain in her rib cage.
Rugerologist

Re: Please keep Kelly Kimbro in your prayers

Post by Rugerologist »

Sure don't like waking up to bad news. It sounds like they were as prepared as possible and probably saved her life with the rapid response. Will certainly keep the Kimbro family and Kelly, in particular, in my prayers.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

We will certainly be thinking of all of you and praying hard for Kelly's full and speedy recovery.
Bill
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Praying...
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

We will say a prayer as well for Kelly and family. Not a good way to start off the year for her....
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Kelly is such a great person to meet and speak with. I have always appreciated her openness and love for anything made by Ruger.
Rest well and we wish you God's speed. You remain in my prayers. Lee E.
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Your in all our thoughts and prayers Kelly.
You will be very proud Kelly in the months to follow as you read your daughters post of your Family and Friends quick reaction to your accident. It sounds as if this certainly wasn't your first rodeo/roundup and you had a good communication plan in place as well as a Team at the ranch house. They reacted very quickly and had you up and out of there as quickly as possible. Get well soon and enjoy your beautiful family and friends.

Best regards, Gene
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
SPAS 15

Post by SPAS 15 »

Best wishes and get well soon.
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

In my prayers, for a speedy recovery.
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Kelly is a very strong lady and we are all praying for her for a quick recovery.
Charlie1022