New goal collecting

Anything Ruger related.
JeHB36

New goal collecting

Post by JeHB36 »

My new goal is to put together a shadow box display of bicentennial items including a few "Liberty" model Rugers. If I should build this shadow box, should I leave room to place barrowed firearms as well. That way, i could add firearms to display from other peoples collection as well as mine.
flattop44

Re: New goal collecting

Post by flattop44 »

I have seen joint displays by friends. Of course credit is given to all involved. I personally had rather display onlu my guns even if I am missing something. That's part of the challenge and fun of the persuit, the hunt to fill those blanks.

Just saw your great collection of the P series pistols, they will make a great display. Bring them to one of our shows.and show them off!!

Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I was worried that it might be an issue but if everything works out I am showing a combination of two collections in Ohio. Credit will be given but it's the only way to do what I'm trying to do! JeHB36, I would encourage you to show even if it means a collaboration is needed. It's a fun and worthwhile experience. I can't wait for the next one!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

I would recommend that you show only your guns. Anything that you may be missing may be offered to you at the show by other collectors, or you may find them there.

The important thing is for you to put together your display and come to the show. If you feel adding other collectors guns to your display is needed than do it.

Your "P" series collection is pretty impressive on its own.

O M CRAZY
d findley

Post by d findley »

FYI The last Ruger firearm to be roll marked Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty was Old Army # 145-01600. There are Old Armies bearing higher serial numbers with that marking, but 145-01600 was the last Ruger Firearm to be roll marked with that legend period. This was one of the 200 RCA Old Armies and was assembled after some of the higher numbered guns.
JeHB36

Post by JeHB36 »

Interesting fact d Findley. Does anyone know where it is now?
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Hello Team ROCS,
I have a consecutive pair of the 1 of 200 RCA KBP-7 with "MADE IN THE 200th YEAR OF AMERICAN LIBERTY" roll-mark on the barrel. I also have a standard LIBERTY KBP-7 & LIBERTY BP-7 in my collection. Regarding the last 200 to be roll-marked of the Ruger press with the "LIBERTY" roll-mark I only know what I've learned from research and RENE so I'll defer to Don.

I will post some pics and quote some RENE facts page 102 Volume One, Fourth Revision.

"RCA 1 of 200 issue KBP-7 with "MADE IN THE 200th YEAR OF AMERICAN LIBERTY" roll-mark on the barrel, one-line barrel address and the 145- serial number prefix. Known s/n range 145-01400 to 145-01600. 197 made (for the other four guns, see variation in the next paragraph). This issue was photo etched with the RCA 1 of 200 motif on the top-strap and will be found with several variaties of placement of the "U.S." stamp, RCA stamp and eagle stamp. S/N/s 145-01405 to 145-01410 are know to have been specifically engraved by Jim Triggs and offered as "Director's Issues guns."

"RCA 1 of 200 issue KBP-7. Same as above except has a two line barrel address. Only four in existence (s/n's 145-01447, 145-01462, 145-01464 and 145-01474). Only two of these are known today Extremely Rare!"

The photos below aren't the best, but will highlight the items highlighted in the RENE outline, the top-strap, the U.S. emblems, and eagle stamping, notice the grips,
Attachments
200 RCA Old Army 5.jpg
200 RCA Old Army 5.jpg (54.87 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
200 RCA Old Army 7.jpg
200 RCA Old Army 4.jpg
200 RCA Old Army 6.jpg
200 RCA Old Army 1.jpg
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

More photos, If I get a nice sunny day, I'll get the 4 of them out and get some better photos on the deck in the sunlight. The basement photos just doesn't do them justice.
Attachments
200 RCA Old Army 8 (2).jpg
200 RCA Old Army 3.jpg
200 RCA Old Army 2.jpg
200 RCA Old Army 8.jpg
200 RCA Old Army 9.jpg
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Ruger1nut

Post by Ruger1nut »

Very nice pair of Old Armys!!

As for the display I would do what works best for you. I have borrowed a Ruger here and there to make a display, I have done joint projects like ROCS NRA display last year with Mike Kamler and I have done them on my own.

The only wrong answer is NOT to display!!

R1N
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

That is a very nice pair of OLD ARMYS!

O M CRAZY