The Digest

Anything Ruger related.
Watertender

Re: The Digest

Post by Watertender »

Bennett did Bill Hamm show you his special red velvet matched set case? It's a beauty! Our new editor Chuck is a good guy too. He came into a Salt Cod Pistol in Ohio that is one of a kind. I am hoping to display in Ohio next year so that my actual picture will be in The Digest instead of the back of my head.... On 2nd thought I might break the camera....
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Carl, haven't had the pleasure of seeing Bill's pair yet, hoping to make it to one of the events that works out with my schedule. My work requires me to be gone for every other 21 days but eventually I'll make it work.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

67stingray wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:40 pm Carl, haven't had the pleasure of seeing Bill's pair yet, hoping to make it to one of the events that works out with my schedule. My work requires me to be gone for every other 21 days but eventually I'll make it work.
Bennett
I really don't know if you want to see Bill's pair... The original contents of the case are much more appropriate... What do you do that has you on a 21 day schedule?
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

I really don't know if you want to see Bill's pair... The original contents of the case are much more appropriate... What do you do that has you on a 21 day schedule?
[/quote]

Yeah your right about the pair, more interested in things made of steel. I'm an engineer on a towboat, where else can you work half a year and get paid the whole year? Got good insurance and believe me I certainly use it. I've been married and divorced twice and the boat is the first place I've seen that you get three cooked meals a day.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I have spent many hours between a pair of growling or screaming diesels depending on the maker... Ran several 28 day runs way back but never got enough seniority to get on steady... You are right about the 3 cooked meals but don't upset the cook because they can be cantankerous. I ended up running stationary plants and still work at it part time. The biggest powerhouse I was in charge of had 7200 horsepower of boilers and 10600 horsepower of diesel. When you are the Chief Engineer you end up practically living there sometimes. Glad there is another Engineer onboard the ROCS! You gotta have a screw loose to do the work we do and have done... I have an actual left handed pipe wrench and there are not many that can say that!
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

I hear you Carl, spent most of my life in the industrial construction industry all over the states and overseas. Got tired of the traveling and been on the river for about 15 years now and on the same boat for 8 years. There is one thing about the job is that you've got to fix and solve every and anything that goes wrong - keeps you on your toes.