Thank you Watertender

Anything Ruger related.
SPAS 15

Thank you Watertender

Post by SPAS 15 »

Although this is kind of a duplicate of my post in Classifieds, Non-Ruger parts, i think it is worthy of a mention here. I have been searching over the last few months
for a shotgun chamber length gauge and an all in one choke gauge but all my enquiries to manufacturers and websites in the U.S. have drawn a blank for reasons
ranging from we do not post outside the U.S., they are gun related so cannot post or postage cost would be too much. So failing that i put out a post in the
Classifieds section of the ROCS Forum for a second hand one.

Next thing you know i have a PM from Carl, Watertender, who kindly offers to take delivery of the items and to forward them on to myself. This in itself is a
wonderful gesture but then Carl goes out of his way to go to the Post Office, buy the packaging and in no uncertain terms informs me that he will be paying for
the postage. The parcel finally arrived today taking over twice as long to come from London to my house, a distance of 220 miles approximately, than it did from the seller, to Carls and the flight over the pond. Our Royal Mail is snail mail for sure. Well i was overjoyed that it had finally arrived and opened the parcel immediately and to my great surprise and pleasure Carl had also sent me a very nice pair of vernier calipers which will come in very handy.

To say that i am over whelmed by his kindness and generosity is an understatement. This is the reason why you join a Forum to surround yourself with likeminded
people who think of nothing at helping others even at their own cost. These kind of gestures and actions are what keep people interested in their shared interests and hobbies if not for the giving of gifts but for information, knowledge, and experiences shared.

So i say a big thank you to Carl for your kindness and friendship and thank you to ROCS and all members for making this a great place to share and experience all things RUGER.
Attachments
IMG_1747.JPG
Last edited by SPAS 15 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
gunman42782

Re: Thank you Watertender

Post by gunman42782 »

That's awesome. Good people on here for sure.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Way to go Watertender, good job helping out a fellow ROCS member and giving him an extra surprise.
Bill
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Really cool on WT's part. Way to go pal !!
I will say since I joined the forum everyone and WT have made me feel at home.
Just be thankful he did not include any of his marbles or "other treasures" :D
Cheers,
JAY

P.S.
As an aside, I have traced my Great Grandfather to the 2nd 19th London regiment from St. Pancras.
613882 Pte Harold George JESSEMEY
He appears on the Regimental War Memorial in the vestibule of St Pancras Church near Euston Station
and he died of wounds Dec. 10th 1917 in the liberation of Jeresulam from the Turks and is buried in the
Jeresulam War Cemetary.
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Jay that is a really interesting thing about your great grandpa. I had relatives in the Civil War in the 8th New York Heavy Artillery but the stuff they had is long gone. There was a trunk in the attic of my grandpa's house that had all sorts of Civil War items but it grew feet years ago...
I am glad Simon is pleased with his gauges and calipers. I had a set of Arkansas LUUUVVV Pants ready to send along with a bag of marbles and a trapdoor union suit with a brown racing stripe in the back. The postage was $738.54 so I didn't send them. I have your marbles when you give me your address... I will even include a striped railroad cap and Moon Pie....
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Great gesture Carl your a fine gentleman and outstanding member of the ROCS.
You've been more than generous to me as well in our exchanges of Ruger and other outdoor memorabilia.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment