A Heads-Up

Anything Ruger related.
d findley

A Heads-Up

Post by d findley »

You might want to see this: American Rifleman TV's new season begins July 3rd. On this segment featuring "I Have This Old Gun" the first Ruger 22s are set to be featured. Should be of interest to us (ROCS). I got this bit of "gossip" from an NRA official. This could change, but set your VCRs, just in case.
RoninPA

Re: A Heads-Up

Post by RoninPA »

Thanks for the heads up Don, I put it on my calendar so I don't forget about it. That will be, hopefully, a great show for any and all Ruger owners and collectors.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Thanks for the info Don, I will certainly tune in and hope the feature the Ruger 22 pistol. I will set to record in case I am away or just plain forget!!
Thanks, Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

TIVO set! Is it going to be "The Men and Guns of D-Day Part 5 Pointe Du Hoc & Graignes?
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
d findley

Post by d findley »

I just saw a bulletin, the NRA has suspended some of its TV programs. Not sure what all is involved or if it includes this segment??? Guess we will see on July 3rd!
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Don,
I have read the same thing. It said they were doing some rethinking and reorganizing. And they were going to get back to their "CORE" values.
Vince
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Tonight is the night.
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I watched the segment. Excellent with Don Findley mentioned in both the show and credits. Also some beautiful Ruger pistols. I like how they said it was a poor man's Colt Woodsman. The comparison was made between manufacturing styles too with the Woodsman being machined from a solid block of steel while the Ruger is stamped. The last Woodsman was made over 40 years ago while the Ruger .22 pistol is still going strong!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
d findley

Post by d findley »

I had never heard the Nambu angle. Not sure about that.