2 Revolvers Pictured in the Ruger Catalog

Anything Ruger related.
libertymarkone

2 Revolvers Pictured in the Ruger Catalog

Post by libertymarkone »

About a decade ago by chance I purchased two revolvers that are the actual revolvers used starting in the 2009 catalog up to now including the images on the current website. These are a 6" blued GP100 and a Single Six Hunter. I owned them for some time and shot them before realizing they are the catalog guns. Can anyone give an estimated value for these two? They both have the boxes and all contents.
ss3a.JPG
gp3a.JPG
T.A. Workman

Re: 2 Revolvers Pictured in the Ruger Catalog

Post by T.A. Workman »

IMHO $850.00 to 1K each to a collector who appreciates their significance, to a shooter $650.00 - $700.00.
Depends on the crowd,, ;) Dan Tanko likes to say "run her up the flag pole,,and see who salutes" .

An auction could be iffy but would be the best way to get max exposure. MHO

Best,
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
libertymarkone

Re: 2 Revolvers Pictured in the Ruger Catalog

Post by libertymarkone »

Terry, thank you for the prompt reply. As I check the photos, I see the serial numbers are not easy to read, so I am including pictures of the box end labels to show that the serial numbers match the catalog. It is interesting that the revolvers were used as picture samples, but then then they were sent to the used gun bank to be sold. The Single Six has UGB (used gun bank) hand written on the end label while the GP100 has a blue Used Gun tag in the box. On the current website, the serial numbers for these two revolvers are difficult to read since the pictures are small, but it is possible to make them out. The "1" in the Single Six is struck a little harder than the other numbers and this shows in the web image.
ss2.jpeg
gp2.JPG