ROCS in Nampa, Idaho

Anything Ruger related.
dkdeuel

ROCS in Nampa, Idaho

Post by dkdeuel »

I went to the Nampa gun show on the 11th of this month, mostly to see if there were any other ROCS guys around. The show was a nice little show, smaller than I'm used to in Salt Lake City (my old home), but a nice show. What really impressed me was the ROCS presence there. Our guys had several very nice displays, one sales counter and represented the largest block of displays at the show. Everyone was very friendly and I got to spend a couple of hours with them, a very pleasant time. I'm terrible with names, but I remember Hank Green, Mike Grabowski, and Steve Adamson, there were a few others and I apologize to them profusely for not remembering their names. They were gracious enough to invite me to the awards banquet they held on Saturday night, it was quite nice and i enjoyed it very much. Steve and Mike were very patient with this newbie and answered a lot of questions that helped me a lot and Steve, though he might not realize it, pretty much convinced me to jump into three screw Supers (which i had kind of decided at first that I wouldn't do), he also sold me a very nice Single Six Magnum. It was a five hour drive each way through a storm, but worth the effort.
SteveRuger

Re: ROCS in Nampa, Idaho

Post by SteveRuger »

dkdeuel,
It was a great show and it was a pleasure to meet you.
We have the UGCA ( Utah Gun Collectors ) show May 2 & 3 where we have Ruger & a lot of others on display,
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
Marksman

Post by Marksman »

It was a great show Guys,
If you missed it, make sure to put it on your calendar for next year. This was my first time to participate in a Ruger display show. Everyone was very friendly and supportive in helping me out with the display pointers. Terry made me change my display title, Dennis shared so many ideas, Steve and Joel allowed me to reduce their collection and helped me add two fabulous new Rugers to my collection. I added a boxed long frame and an early 3-digit flattop. Of course there was Hank and Susie, the organizers of the display show (I believe the 12th year running). Hank and Susie's display was a large selection of Rugers, all with the serial number #20....displayed in the first days of 2020!
Thanks again to Hank and Susie for the warm welcome and their tireless efforts to make this show a great success (again).
Did I brag about the Ruger rifle I won at the banquet on Saturday night? Thanks again to all, I head a great time and look forward to next years show. Mike
Attachments
Steve Adamson Display.jpg
Terry's SP 101's.jpg
Dennis's Display.jpg
Joel Adamson 22 Hornet.jpg
Hank's 20's.jpg
Marksman

Post by Marksman »

and two more, Marlin's LCR's and my novice display of Bearcats and one special tri color.
Attachments
Bearcats plus one Tri-Color.jpg
Marlin's LCR's.jpg
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Mike, thanks for posting the pics, some really great displays. I think your Bearcat display looks just fine to me...I do like those Kitties.
Bill
Marksman

Post by Marksman »

Thanks, it got me the novice award. Next time I have to up my game.