Boxes

Anything Ruger related.
dkdeuel

Boxes

Post by dkdeuel »

Who knows what kind of box a early first year .41 Blackhawks shipped in, I can't find any information on it.
rugerguy

Re: Boxes

Post by rugerguy »

Greetings, the early Blackhawks came in a two piece ( telescoping) yellow box, with a black end label.......depending on which barrel length it is it would be marked BKH41 0r 42 ( 4 5/8's or 6 1/2 in barrel) ans inside of a cardboard shipping wrapper would have the guns data stamped ( inked) on the end flap......and yes variations of this depending on if a "brass" grip frame etc....these marking on the wrapper....I recall some cardboard wrappers were of a lighter color , almost white?? the "brass" frame collectors can tell you about those
dkdeuel

Post by dkdeuel »

Thanks, I have an OM .41 (#930) that I inherited from my father and I want to locate a proper box for it, I've been looking around, and have seen a few different ones, but I was unsure on what to look for.
JussBad

Post by JussBad »

If it is a 4 5/8" barrel it would be this box. If a 6 1/2" then the same box but longer and the end label will have BKH42 6 1/2" barrel on the end.
Attachments
IMG_3885.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG