Now That Mini-14 Ranch Rifles are Banned...

Anything Ruger related.
Mohavesam

Now That Mini-14 Ranch Rifles are Banned...

Post by Mohavesam »

...in Canada, due in part to new anti-gun laws in Connecticut, I ponder the wisdom of the Board at Ruger of Keeping the HQ and other operations in that anti-USC state? What logic can be explained to shareholders?
"Because we've always done that way"? (that is not logic).

I know Canadians have no Right to keep and Bear arms; and that their government continues to disarm its subjects. But I cannot understand why firearms are granted to canadians based on "hunting needs" by their PM. No word yet on if the RCMP must also abandon theirs. :lol:

So Mini-14s and Ranch rifles are verboten in Canada, a formerly large market for Ruger. I don't know if this means higher consumer costs to Americans, fewer Minis or variants available, nor exactly what the future holds. I would not presume that a thinking person who has wanted a (or another) Mini to wait very long before purchasing .

Back to my pondering: WHY is Ruger not moving to a USC/gun-manufacturing friendly state in the USA?
Is there some shareholder-benefit strategy to staying in an anti-firearms state, until they are forced to close completely, and is that what the shareholders have been made aware of? :roll: :roll: :roll:
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
gunman42782

Re: Now That Mini-14 Ranch Rifles are Banned...

Post by gunman42782 »

I have wondered about this too, as Smith & Wesson, Remington, and many other gun companies are in anti-gun states. But, I assume it has a lot to do with the millions of dollars it would cost to set up a new factory, not to mention having to train a entire workforce.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Mohavesam

Re: Now That Mini-14 Ranch Rifles are Banned...

Post by Mohavesam »

Remington is still in Illion/Utica largely because their power generation feeds most of the area, and municipal electricity is about 5% of non-muni power from National Grid (Niagara). Muni electric means a $30 electric bill in the dead of winter. Plus pre-civil war historical site monies from Albany. But that's just numbers. They also deal with labor unions which have made threats to bankrupt the company when Remington planned to leave NYS in 2010.

Conversely, Ruger has diversified production to several states already. But they refuse to leave the anti-Constitution, anti-rights state of Connecticut.

Could a state strangle an entire corporation with regulations and fines, fees, & taxes until there's nothing left?
Of course. Its been done already.

As a shareholder, I'd like to read the contingency plan... :shock:
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops: