SR .75 inch medallions

Anything Ruger related.
67stingray

Re: SR .75 inch medallions

Post by 67stingray »

I agree there are a lot of Ruger items out there that are not from Ruger, wish I could remember where I picked them up. I have not seen them on anything that I remember, I make some grips and have a verity of different grip medallions and am sure I ran across them when I was stocking medallions. From my experience most of the smaller grip medallions do not have TM mark, like a lot of things with Ruger - who knows? A little more about the ones that I have: the stud on the back is 11/32" in diameter and 5/32" long. One of them the stud is not cut squarely and sits a little off level when on a flat surface.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
contender

Post by contender »

As I mentioned,, I'm not saying they are NOT from Ruger,, but it does raise questions & discussions. And with the wealth of knowledge here about Ruger authorized items,, you'd think someone else would know for sure about them.
And yes,, I know many medallions,, especially the smaller ones do not have the registered trademark,, but when you get to that size of things,, they often did add the trademark.

That's why many of us build displays, put out pictures & ask questions. We want to LEARN!
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Just my 2 cents worth and I am not a collector of the medallions, pins etc. Those brass medallions just seem a bit odd to me as compared to other medallions and even the grip medallions in that everything seems to be "rounded" and not nice and "sharp" as other Ruger items. I even saw that with the one patch that people were talking about that might be a phony, the basic shape of the eagle just didn't seem quite right as compared to other Ruger patches I have and have seen.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Ron, these are not brass, not sure what metal they are. I agree that they do have a little more rounded edges and are just like the medallion in my money clip but just a hair smaller. Here's a pic of the money clip (sorry about the orientation) , I have carried it for quite a few years.
Bennett
Attachments
20200710_173645.jpg
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

eBay seller says Pewter