10th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering

Anything Ruger related.
contender

10th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering

Post by contender »

I don't remember if I posted this here or not. If a duplicate post,, please forgive me.

The 10th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering is just a few weeks away.
First weekend in October. Some folks like to come down on Friday,, (that will be Oct 2nd,,) but the main day is Saturday Oct 3rd.
For those not familiar with it,, it began as a way for Forum Folks to meet,, shoot some guns,, swap stories,, (BS sessions abound!) and enjoy some casual eating.
I own a gun range,, and as such,, it's easy to enjoy shooting.
It's open to anybody who enjoys shooting,, especially Rugers. BUT you can bring any brand of firearm & won't be discriminated against. (Bob C brought out his old Colt SA several years ago, & I got to shoot that one!)

No cost,, except your travel & accommodations. Some folks stay in Forest City NC.

I'm in Western NC,, about 20 minutes drive from I-26.
Hawkeye Gun Range.
2373 Owl Hollow Rd
Mill Spring NC

No "special" invite required. This is an open invitation. All I ask is to PM me & let me know you are coming.
flattop44

Re: 10th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering

Post by flattop44 »

Contender, it's really great of you to invite us all to your gathering. I have heard a lot about it and know it is a fun time. I hav a gun show scheduled so can't make it but I hope a lot of the members here head your way.
Bill
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

My problem always is "What guns do I take down with me"? :D I do have some that I haven't shot yet so I'll probably bring those and at least 1 SBR and some suppressors.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

T,
As FT has echoed its incredibly gracious for you to offer an open invitation, we've heard so much about the weekend, its been on our "Lets Do This List". Jackie/Ron have told us so much about the weekend unfortunately we are unable to make it, we are traveling to Gatlinburg to visit with Kids. Its on our list and we hope to become regulars at what sounds like a wonderful fall event.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
contender

Post by contender »

Well Gene,, Gatlinburg is just a few hours away,,,! And I have better moonshine,,,, (if I dig into my reserve stash!) :o :shock: :o
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I would love to attend but start a new job that day. Perhaps next year.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

I think Kevin started it last year and I'll continue this year and maybe others will also. I'm going through my stuff and have things that really won't garner any money at a yard sale so I'm bring a box (or boxes) of stuff that people can dig through and take what they want and can use. I will tell you that there are going to be some Ruger padlocks (I took out the ones I wanted to keep and these are duplicates of what I have - probably no rare or highly sought after but they're free. I'll be going through my other things to see what I really don't need that is just taking up space and that will be included.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron