Ruger Things Are Happening

Anything Ruger related.
arcticruger

Ruger Things Are Happening

Post by arcticruger »

…for me that is :D

Been an exciting week. Things have been rolling in. Received the ROCS 2021 patch I ordered, the Letter of Authenticity for my Single Six, ROCS last quarter Digest (drool worthy), and today got my membership card and 2022 patch. Still waiting for a couple books, “Bill’s Rugers .22 Pistol”, and “Ruger, Encyclopedia of Semi Automatic Rimfire Pistols 1949-92”, and the Red Eagle News Exchange to roll in. Also with a little luck, my new .22lr cylinder will be here tomorrow.

And to top it off, I just picked up a nice little shooter today, an older RST4 to plink with. ;)

Can’t wait to see what next week brings
Last edited by arcticruger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gunman42782

Re: Ruger Things Are Happening

Post by gunman42782 »

Sounds like Christmas came early!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Excellent!!! Nice when things like that happen! What year RST4?
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

It was made in 1962. Guess it’s not really too much “older” as far as the Standard/MK I series goes. I was just happy to end up with it.
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Took some pics of my new plinker today,

flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

That's a good looking pistol. They are fun to shoot and shoot great. You will have a lot of fun with that one.
Bill
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Thanks! I was surprised when it finally came in and I got to see it. Looks way better in person than it did in the pictures I had seen. Turned out to be pretty good looker, and will just make it that much more pleasurable while shooting ;)
RugerfanAustria

Post by RugerfanAustria »

I'm happy for you and that it apparently at least works for you. My Super GP100, announced since July with 4 months, should have been included in the delivery from the wholesaler today. Guess, he wasn't there of course and it won't be there before 2022 and I don't even want to start with the single Six Hunter, because otherwise I will cry.
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Sorry to hear about that. The long wait times can be tough.

That’s usually when I go on an ammo binge. :P
RugerfanAustria

Post by RugerfanAustria »

You have to go back a lot to take a closer look. This kiosk, which scolds itself as a wholesaler in Austria, has next to nothing in stock. I waited 3 months for Ruger rings, a friend for the Gp100 handle with rosewood inlay 6 months until he canceled it. The year before last I ordered the Rimfire Long Range Target in May 2020 with delivery time quarter 4 and canceled when it did not come after the 3rd delivery date. At the Redhawk in 45 Acp Colt it was said in dec 20 the delivery note is already there and it will come soon, which in February may have turned into an end of summer. Everything that is not a Kgp 141 or 161 has to be ordered separately and not even there you can be sure that you have this model in stock. Compared to Ruger’s much touted customer service in America, the wholesalers that represent this brand in Austria are a shame.