Passing of an ole friend

Anything Ruger related.
d findley

Passing of an ole friend

Post by d findley »

Some of you may remember a Ruger Collector from the past. At one time he had one of the most complete Ruger single action revolver collections in the country. He displayed his award winning collection through-out the 60s and 70s. He was a resident of Montgomery, Alabama. Jimmy died last month, he was 82. Rest in Peace Ole Friend
Attachments
13wqa.jpg
Brass Frame

Re: Passing of an ole friend

Post by Brass Frame »

Don, I never met Jimmy, but knew about his Ruger collection. I also know a ROCS member who owns many of his Rugers. I also know that he displayed his collection at some of the first Ruger Theme shows. May he be long remembered! Brass Frame/Lee
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Jimmy was a great guy........one of the most impressive .44 collections I had ever seen......did many of the old RCA/Bill Goodman shows with him back in the day.....may God grant his family strength and comfort, God Bless......
Hawkeye28

Post by Hawkeye28 »

So sorry to see an old good Friend gone to the Bridge......... Always enjoyed his teaching moments!
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Jimmy was a great guy. As Coogs said, he had one of the best Ruger .44 collections ever. I am fortunate enough to own a few of his great Rugers. He stopped by my trade table in Huntsville a couple of years back and visited a while. He was selling a Hawkeye. Sure will be missed.
Bill
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Never met him, but it's sad that so many of the "old guard" are passing on. RIP sir.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Never got the pleasure of meeting him, it's always a sad day when one of the collectors who helped grow the sport of Ruger collecting to what it is today. Prayers for his loved ones.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Dobegrant

Post by Dobegrant »

May he rest in peace
contender

Post by contender »

To all that knew him, may your friend rest in peace.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him,,, but I too have heard about him & his collection.