ROCS in Rocket City

Anything Ruger related.
RoninPA

ROCS in Rocket City

Post by RoninPA »

Just an FYI for anyone going to or contemplating going to the show in Huntsville,AL (28-29 Jan 2023). Talked to Ryan Wells (promoter) today to reserve a display table and he was glad to set one aside for me and told me that he would love to see a bunch of us show up to show our Rugers. He told me you don't have to pay for the table until set up day (Friday Jan 27).

However, the Embassy Suites hotel (that connects directly to the convention center where the show is held) is getting VERY SHORT on rooms for that weekend so if you want to stay there, get with them ASAP to get a room. The advantage is that you can park in their underground parking and move your display without ever going outside. Parking lot to elevator to bridge to convention center - very easy.

My back is getting better every day and the surgery I had on my small intestines seems to be healing nicely so Jackie and I WILL BE THERE with my display to enjoy this show.

For those who have not been there yet, I will tell you we have a lot of fun, the promoter is great and it really is a nice show. Also lots to see in Huntsville; have someone interested in rockets, the NASA museum is one place you have to see to believe.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
flattop44

Re: ROCS in Rocket City

Post by flattop44 »

I just called Ryan and reserved my display table and the ROCS table. I really hope you can come and display at the show. It's a fun time for all of us like minded folks to get together. Give Ryan Wells a call at 334-322-8818 and tell him that you are with ROCS to reserve your table. They give us a great $35 table rent for the show. Hope to see you there!!
Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Wish I could join you this year, but I am going back to work on January 9th from my surgery. Hopefully in 2024 I will be there and have a great time again.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

We will miss you Watertender, sure hope you can come and display in 2024.
Bill
SingleSeven

Post by SingleSeven »

Is this at Von Braun Center? Open to public?
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

This is at the Van Braun Center and it is open to the public (although I don't know what the entrance fee is). It may not be the largest show around but it is really a good show and there is a lot to see/do in Huntsville if you make it a weekend.

I've gotten so VERY good deals on different items the years we've been going and then if you join us for the Saturday night dinner we try to find some good place to eat.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

I talked to Ryan yesterday also and reserved my display table, looking forward to seeing y'all there. Carl wish you could make it, I'm faithful we we see you at the 2024 show.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
contender

Post by contender »

Y'all have fun. I can't make this show,, as I will just be getting back from the SHOT Show,, AND my upcoming FoNRA even on the 3rd of Feb. Too much going on for me to go to it.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

We wish you could make it to the show Contender but sure understand your busy schedule. Hope to see you in July at the OGCA.
FT44