Support neighborhood Gun Shops.

deltaarnet

Support neighborhood Gun Shops.

Post by deltaarnet »

Don’t let Acadamy, Cabella’s Bass Pro push the small guy out.

List the shop you support. I’ll get it started

Panther City Firearms
3025 Lackland Road
Fort Worth Texas 76116
817-731-2065
NRA Life Endowment Member
gunman42782

Re: Support neighborhood Gun Shops.

Post by gunman42782 »

Knob Creek Range
690 Ritchie Lane
West Point, KY 40177

Worked there for 7 years, so I am pretty loyal.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Do not like local shops, jerks work there and expensive. My FFL about 3 hours south so I do all my business with him at local to me shows. Only 1 from a big store in the last 25 years
deltaarnet

Post by deltaarnet »

RocDoc wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:53 pm Do not like local shops, jerks work there and expensive. My FFL about 3 hours south so I do all my business with him at local to me shows. Only 1 from a big store in the last 25 years

Sad to hear a shop owner would make to feel that way after all you are his livelyhood. But I agree if you don't feel welcome , walk away.
I really dont mind paying a bit more for my Rugers at Panther City The personal sevice I get there more then makes up the differance.
NRA Life Endowment Member
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

We are fortunate to have quite a few mom and pop shops here locally and I try to visit them all. I'll admit to also browsing our Academy Sports but over the years have only purchased one SR1911 from them.

New Model Stuff:

DNW Outdoors
1711 E Parker Rd
Jonesboro, AR 72404
(870) 972-5827

They are not an authorized Ruger dealer and only carry new stuff but they do get in a lot of the Talo, Davidsons, etc. exclusives and some random regular release items. The guys know me, work with me on prices, text me when I need a notice, and it's locally owned. A great all around sporting goods store.

Old Model Stuff:

Gee Street Pawn
1101 S Gee St
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 935-6031

Junior and Wanda are awesome and always keep me in mind when something interesting Ruger related shows up. You never know what they are going to come up with and since I collect other things too, are great people to know.

Both of these places have hurt my wallet but it's not their fault. I appreciate all they do for me.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber