Found on online auction

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
Dingo

Re: Found on online auction

Post by Dingo »

I don't know who did the work but, I received this-

Thank you for the image of your Ruger Mark II Target 10 inch pistol. The reason you don’t find these listed in our database is because they were not factory cataloged by Ruger. They were a limited edition issued by the American Historical Foundation circa 1998-1999. We have a section for the American Historical Foundation on our website that is not complete and only includes information like year issued, quantity, and retail price. This is only if we come across the their adds, since they do not attend any of the major trade shows.

The American Historical Foundation “GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY” pistols were available in both the 10 in. Mark II Target and the 4 in. Mark II Standard with the same embellishments on each. The issue was advertised to be 50 of each but it is unknown if all were made since the American Historical Foundation embellishes the pistols in small quantities of 5-10 at a time as they receive down payment for the issue. The issue price for the 4 in. Standard was $2,795 and the 10 in. Target was $2,995. There was also a velvet lined walnut display case with a locking glass lid offered for $179. If an American Historical Foundation customer purchased both pistols they would receive a double display case for free. The last cased pair of “GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY” pistols I saw sold for $2,995.
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Dingo,
So the question is.....did you buy it!?!?!?
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

I gotta confess, Hell yes
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Good for you!! Its a fine looking pistol.
Bill
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Thank you!
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I bid $50, a case of RC Cola, a case of Moon Pies, a weed whacker & a set of new bib overalls!!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

bid $50, a case of RC Cola, a case of Moon Pies, a weed whacker & a set of new bib overalls!!

Almost enough. What size overalls? lol
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Jumbo Petite... I will also throw in a set of brogan shoes, a Wham-O Wrist Rocket & a sack of marbles
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

Ah the "Tender" always makes me laugh, but I would not believe that the jumbo petite bibs would be new! :D
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Size 74" x 30" Round House brand bib overalls! Brand new with no stains... Oklahoma Love Pants! I will even throw in a striped railroad cap & pouch of Red Man "chaw"