Last Pistol

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
LIBERTY FOREVER

Re: Last Pistol

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

:lol: Ok you two,
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Jay, I don't want to hijack Dons thread any more than I need to but let me ask you this: :P

When people go to the pound looking to adopt do they generally gravitate to the puppies or the old dogs?

Depends on whose looking to do the adopting but statistically, the young pups are adopted with greater frequency!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

When people go to the pound looking to adopt do they generally gravitate to the puppies or the old dogs?

Depends on whose looking to do the adopting but statistically, the young pups are adopted with greater frequency!
[/quote]

Old dogs can be good to adopt because they are used to life.... Young pups are be fun but can be tricked sometimes... Speaking of tricks Chuck.... How is that Salt Cod Pistol you ended up with at the OGCA? I bet JayDawg might be interested in it.... I will even send him some of my coveted marbles, a Moon Pie and a RC Cola too.... I truly think you have a rare Salt Cod Pistol that will bring you pleasure for many years
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Carl, That Salt Cod box, and the pistol will never leave my collection! Truly a treasure to hold and many gracious thanks to you for the most generous and unexpected gift. The machetes and ironwood club are also super sweet. I think that I'm forever in your pocket sir.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Well this "old Dawg" is pretty jealous of all you guys that live close enough to
attend the OGCA show swapping stories and guns!!
I might have to fly out one year......
And ya, Chuck would sell a kidney before one of his Rugers :lol:

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Yeah, Jay, you've got to make it a point to attend one of these shows. Tulsa this fall would be the best decision and I know you wouldn't regret it whether you decided to show or just attend! I know I'd like to meet ya!
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

I think Jay would have Great time if he would come to Tulsa or the OGCA show. I be he might even find some new toys and get to put faces with all of us. I know that Deb and I always have fun at the shows. I got to meet the retailer of the year for Ruger and invited him to our banquet. He even donated a rifle to help raise money for the auction. After the show was over and I was all packed up and the car hooked up tot thee motorhome a jeep pulled up and asked if I was interested in an older Ruger belt buckle that I did not have and it just had to come home with me. Don't think it had ever been on a belt and is numbered.
Sometimes it just pays to display and things just find you. Hoppe to see everyone in Tulsa to fall.
Charlie1022