9mm TALO Navy Seal

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
JAYDAWG

9mm TALO Navy Seal

Post by JAYDAWG »

I have been looking at these online since they came out & I finally caved in....
While they look great in pics, the gun in hand is simply amazing. The chrome slide
is blinding, the action tight, and even my Colt snob FFL said, damn that trigger is nice!
It feels almost as light as my poylmer framed SR9's. And the fun thing for me is the
0324 serial number. My oldest daughter was born March 24th (0324), so the old man
will leave this one to her in the will. I know she will appreciate it. Hell, she even has a cat
named Ruger!
Cheer,
JAY
Attachments
SAM_0679.JPG
SAM_0678.JPG
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
flattop44

Re: 9mm TALO Navy Seal

Post by flattop44 »

JAYDAWG, you done good, I like it. I'll bet Old Model Crazy will be commenting on it too...he probably has one too.

Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Very nice looking SR1911 Jay! I could see wearing that as a dress gun under a nice sportcoat on a shoulder rig. :D
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Jaydawg,

That is a good looking gun. It looks just like the one I have in .45acp. I believe Talo has come out with 3 Navy Seal guns in .45acp, I don't know about the 9mm. I decided to stay with the 45s, Ruger has produced about 28 different models in the 45 so far and I don't know how many in 9mm and 10mm. It is a good time to start a collection of them (9mm) while they are still readily available in new condition.

O M CRAZY
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Cirrhitidae wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:08 am Very nice looking SR1911 Jay! I could see wearing that as a dress gun under a nice sportcoat on a shoulder rig. :D
So.....my dress up and go to church gun?
I like it!!
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Absolutely! I wonder how many of those are going to be turned out. One of those Navy Seal Talo runs was only 245 pistols deep.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

O M CRAZY wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:55 am Jaydawg,

That is a good looking gun. It looks just like the one I have in .45acp. I believe Talo has come out with 3 Navy Seal guns in .45acp, I don't know about the 9mm. I decided to stay with the 45s, Ruger has produced about 28 different models in the 45 so far and I don't know how many in 9mm and 10mm. It is a good time to start a collection of them (9mm) while they are still readily available in new condition.

O M CRAZY
OM,
I have one of the 45 Navy Seal guns also , I think the first model Talo did. It was one of 500.
It looks like Ruger/Talo have come out with 2 more Navy Seal guns in 9mm.
Here's a pic of my 45
Cheers,
JAY
Attachments
SAM_0681.JPG
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Cirrhitidae wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:49 pm Absolutely! I wonder how many of those are going to be turned out. One of those Navy Seal Talo runs was only 245 pistols deep.
That is one of the models I mentioned in my previous post AND they now have Seals Museum piece that is a run of only 200.

P.S.
Don't sweat the trade. When/if it happens is good by be.
Cheers,
JAY
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Jay,

The one you have is the all blue and looks like the full size model #6703, they also have the same in a commander model #6704. The one like your is the Marine Museum model #6737, or the "Deluxe Commander Combo" Model #6716 This one comes with the knife. See attached pictures.

O M CRAZY
Attachments
Deluxe Commander Combo Model #6716
Deluxe Commander Combo Model #6716
Marine Museum Model 6737
Marine Museum Model 6737
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

OM,
No surprise, you are right it is the model #6703.
I bought it June 2013 and the factory fired cartridge envelope is dated Feb 12th 2013.
I've never shot it. I have a normal SR1911 that I shoot the hell out of, so this one can
be a safe queen.

It looks like the museum gun you have is only made in a 45 and only 200 will be made.
A very nice piece to own.
You got me thinking about buying some Navy 9's ;)
Cheers,
JAY