Mounted Police

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
d findley

Mounted Police

Post by d findley »

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police ordered (from Ruger) 3 Ruger Standard Auto pistols in 1957. They were roll marked at the Ruger factory, R.C.M.P. Later procured pistols (1960s) were hand stamped by the Mounties.
Attachments
3o.jpg
flattop44

Re: Mounted Police

Post by flattop44 »

Wow, what a piece of history!! You sure have the good stuff my friend!!
Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

That's incredible!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
TEMIII

Post by TEMIII »

The RCMP T678's numbered probably less than 100. Anyone seen one in the flesh?
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Don do you have the actual die? That is something rare indeed. Sadly any handgun retired from the RCMP gets destroyed as per Canadian policy...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
d findley

Post by d findley »

I bought that die and the U.S. die from a retired employee several years ago.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

In my library, I have the original article that Don Jones RCA# 1122 typed up Titled "Ruger Commemoratives and Special Issues. This article is stamped Oct 26 1981 in blue ink on the title page and has proofreading marks in blue and black pen throughout. I'm certain it's the one he sent in for editing and subsequent publication in the R.C.A. Journal. Anyway, on page 5 of this document, he discusses the Royal Canadian Mounted Police pistols. I am typing up the notes below exactly as they appear in my manuscript after edits.

"Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Model: T512
Caliber: 22LR
Barrel Length: 5 1/2"
Introduction: 1969
Quantity: 12
Features: A standard Mark I Bull bbl. pistol stamped R.C.M.P atop the receiver.
Grips: Walnut
*Note: After checking with the RCMP they say when these guns are retired they will be destroyed. Guns are presently still in service."

I would think that they have been retired/destroyed by now but cannot say. It's sad to think that anyone would do such a thing but as Watertender stated that is their policy.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Great piece Don thank you for sharing. Incredible addition to your Colorado 200th year die.
Nice addition to the post Chuck,,
I still have one of the RCMP in .38 that I considered selling a few months back.
To have one of each would be an accomplishment.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment