1965 D RST4

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
Rugerologist

Re: 1965 D RST4

Post by Rugerologist »

Thanks to Don, I've been learning more about these. He informed me that as a general rule Standard model auto pistols were in the 200000 range and 300000 reserved for the MKIs. This quest for knowledge has brought up more questions. According to Ruger, this makes it a 1965 SN range but in Dons small orange book titled Ruger Rimfire Pistol Standard and Mark I 1949-82 it's noted that the D guns in that range are 1966 guns. Which is it? Also, neither Ruger or my other references mention when the Mark I pistols began to be marked as such or why they were releasing standards and Mark I pistols at the same time with no distinguishing roll markings other than the barrel lengths or larger diameter target barrels. Until now, I thought that all pistols that weren't marked as a Mark I or later were Standard Autos. When did the Mark I pistols begin to be marked as such?
Last edited by Rugerologist on Sun May 12, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I am certainly not an Auto expert but I just go by the sights, the Mark's are target models with adjustable rear sight.
Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Bill, thank you. Your answer made me have a DUH moment and also realize how much I still have to learn or that I need to do better at retaining what I've learned. I know that I've read that, starting to worry about my memory already. There was a time when I could read something and retain it. The older I get though......and I'm not even that old :? .
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Chuck that is the CRS-ROCS syndrome. Nothing to worry about.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...