3.5" barrel Ruger

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
Dingo

3.5" barrel Ruger

Post by Dingo »

Found on G.B., Did Ruger make this?
Aruger.jpg
Attachments
Aruger.jpg
67stingray

Re: 3.5" barrel Ruger

Post by 67stingray »

I would have to say it is a custom build.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

That's what I thought, Thanks
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Ruger made a 4 inch bull barrel for a few years called the MK4B and a stainless version called the KMK4B. Looks like this one was cut down from a KMK512 if I had to guess.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Oh well, I was hoping it was special. lol. Haven't bought a Ruger for a while. Guy's asking a lot.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I looked at the listing and it says there is no warning on it to read the manual. With the serial number listed it would be made in 1994 or 1994 according to the Ruger date of manufacture table. Also look at the muzzle taper vs the taper on a factory bull barrel. Big difference in the angles.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
david knutson

Post by david knutson »

I talk to the guy that had that gun sometime ago he was convinced that it was factory new it came exactly as you see it from Ruger if it had been threaded I would’ve bought it unfortunately That box didn’t come from Ruger neither did the grips are the gun
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

David,
I cannot even count the times I have had a guy get in my face swearing the gun was a special from the 'Ruger Factory' 30 years ago I tried to reason with them but, now I just tell them spend $10 and get a letter from the factory.
Funny I don't remember any of them coming back with a letter even when the 'Factory Letters were Free'.
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Dingo:
If you plug the serial number in on Ruger's serial number lookup page, they will tell you the year it left the factory and the model number that it left as. let us know what that model number is and we can see if it is anything unusual.
I have found that some of Ruger's records can be looked up in this manner if built clear back to 1984.
Chet15