Mark ii ?

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
Trent540edge

Mark ii ?

Post by Trent540edge »

Anyone know what this is? Factory ruger serial number and stamp. Have never seen a 10" target like this
Attachments
IMG952560.jpg
rugerguy

Re: Mark ii ?

Post by rugerguy »

looks custom, as well as the front sight,,,the diameter of the barrel is the same as the receiver tube,most we've ever seen like this were shorter no longer than 6 to 8 inches ,,,looks like a Millett rear sight as well.......if its a Douglas air gaged barrel, bet its a very good shooter...the big boys like Clark etc would have stamped their name somewhere on the barrel.........soooooooooooo 8-) :roll: ;)
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Welcome to the forum, go to introductions post section and tell us a little about yourself and your interests, we would like you to consider joining, it's a great group of folks. I have to agree with Rugerguy that it's probably custom, Ruger did offer a MKII with a 10" barrel but it was a tapered barrel. The longest bull barrel that I know they offered was 8" thru Davidson's. Is it yours? You might contact the previous owner and ask them if they know the history of it.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Trent540edge

Post by Trent540edge »

Thanks for the reply. The prior owner is a friend who has had it since 98. Its interesting. It isnt a Clark, I have already contacted them. I will complete the introduction tomorrow.
Trent540edge

Post by Trent540edge »

Seems like it is a tension type barrel. But no brand. Very different.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

What is the weight of the pistol? I enlarged the photo and it looks like there is no line where the barrel screws into the receiver. Will be interesting if you come up with the full story on it.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...