Finally. A pocket 22!

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
Mohavesam

Finally. A pocket 22!

Post by Mohavesam »

Handled a LCPII yesterday in 22lr. Initial price $305+taxes.
Bought it of course. I left it behind, made it to the truck, and went back in cash in hand. I usually shun first offerings, in case the bugs haven't been "worked out". I've waited too long, besides, Ive paid more for less. The only downside so far is the cast-in sights, but we'll see if its a practical negative. And it comes with only ONE MAGAZINE! Come on Ruger. Customer focus!!

I asked Mr Fifer and others for a 22 lcp since 2014. But I'm sure they've had a drawing or two before then, as every time I brought it up I got a grin and silence... 8-)
Its 11 ounces dry, mag holds 10 rounds, and should be as reliable as any lcpII.

If you've ever had a Beretta 21, colt vest pocket, AMT, or similar true pocket 22, check out this Ruger!
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
Big Old Boy

Re: Finally. A pocket 22!

Post by Big Old Boy »

I also like it and may have to pick one up,
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

Another downside I didn't mention. It is a Mayodan product.
Sad they decided to make it there, instead of the experienced employees who made the LCP and LCPII so successful (Prescott).
Sad indeed. I drew blood from one of two very sharp burrs INSIDE the trigger guard.
Shoddy work. Damn. Back it goes.
Sure I could "finish" the pistol myself (if that were the only flaw encountered) but why? I'm supposed to be the customer, not an employee!
Last edited by Mohavesam on Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holiday009

Post by Holiday009 »

They’ve hit the shelves already ????

Thought it was later this month that they’d be available.

Is there that much difference in quality between the two different plants (mayodan & Prescott)
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

Yes, at least four LGS shops near me have them. Maybe not unlimited quantities yet, but for sale. Best retail I've found to date is $288.89, 309.xx being the highest. YMMV
Arizona is the best place to design, manufacture, and own/use firearms in the USA.