Second question - price book

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
Rickkling

Second question - price book

Post by Rickkling »

Question number 2:
Is there a price guide, spreadsheet, notebook etc... that gives a base/average/starting price for the MANY different ruger models and sub models and special editions and on and on....?
Yes, I realize that something is worth what someone is willing to pay, but for a new collector (like myself) it’s all over the place!
For example, It seems that most of the more common special editions like the 50th Anniv., the NRA gun, 1 of 1000, seem to hover in the 500 dollar range. But what about a duplicate SN gun? Or all of the many red eagle variants by type?
Or the guns with factory muzzle brake? With box? Without?
Or to simplify things, how about a price guide for all of the individual guns in chad hiddlesons book? (A fantastic reference by the way, but y’all already know that!)
I buy a new blue book every year, but it doesn’t cover everything (I know nothing will)
I have chads book, John Dougans book and dons book should be on the way,
And you guys! so I have plenty of knowledge a my disposal. Now I need to know what to pay!
Again, thank you and I’m sorry about all of the questions (but there WILL be more!😊)
RocDoc

Re: Second question - price book

Post by RocDoc »

The Red Eagle News Exchange the one source of detail information I know of. Are you a subscriber? Recommend it highly

Probably a link here on ROCS somewhere, here is link at Ruger Forum

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 42&t=30544
Rickkling

Post by Rickkling »

I just sent a pm to chet15 regarding RENE.
I’ve heard it mentioned on this forum (and others) several times.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Rick
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Sent you a PM.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

Rick,. My guess, made after two cups of coffee, is that by the time such a guide gets to editing, gun pricing will be totally arbitrary and non-standard regionally.
This is a daunting task on its face. And trying very hard to not sound like chicken little, if Joe's ATF morphs into a federal police force, collections of all types may become something quite different from what they were just a year ago?

Now, most understand fair market value is established from public "real" (no reserve) auction selling prices. So some rarer types may not have much of a sales history?

BTW to your OP, if I could find a 50-yr blackhawk , an all steel flat top, double-blued, revolver for $500, well I'd be holstering that puppy the next day!!
8-)
Respectfully, if such a pricing guide were my work, I'd expect a $34.95 - $40 tag on it!?!
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops: