Liberty pistols

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
rpm enterprises

Re: Liberty pistols

Post by rpm enterprises »

Not many liberty auto's have a tapered bolt stops. Most common are the RST4 models. Only a couple RST6 guns are known to date. I currently have one in my collection. Second most common is the T678. So far the only one that has eluded me has been the T512. In all my years of collecting the auto's I have never seen one. I'm not saying that it may not have been produced because one thing I've learned in collecting, never say never. Here is a picture of the bolt stops from Chad's book. The bottom one is the tapered bolt stop.
Attachments
20220717_081442.jpg
Rickkling

Post by Rickkling »

Thank you for the reply. I’ll have to go look over mine really good now.
Rick
chet15

Post by chet15 »

The Tapered Bolt Stop pins for the Liberty marked autos are known in the earliest of those marked Liberty, in the 13-5xxxx range.
One of the earliest prototype Mark I pistols that was ever pictured, serial number X5 which made its appearance in the appropriate Dope Bag Report of an American Rifleman magazine, clearly shows the overhang of the Micro rear sight being over the top of the bolt stop. We believe the bolt stop was tapered forward to eliminate any contact with a rear sight that may have been lowered all the way down. After that, the roughly 20,000 to 23,000 bolt stops with tapered pins began showing up on Ruger production at about 13-30000 in late 1975.
Chet15.