My P-Series Collection

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
JeHB36

My P-Series Collection

Post by JeHB36 »

I have started a collection of the P-Series Semi-Automatic, Centerfire, Ruger Pistols. I am currently in possession of a P85, a P944, and a P97. I have fired the P85 and P944 and the both are in great working order. I also have a P90 and a P95 both on layaway. I would like to find a P89, a P91, a P93 and a P345 to complete the collection. After I get those, then I will start to look to find and example of each of the sub-models (KP, DA/SA, DAO...) I also have a few other Ruger handguns; a GP100, a SP101, and a 9e. My wife has the Ruger 10-22 rifle. Oh, we only started collecting the first week of January 2016. Does this make me a Ruger fanatic? :D
O M CRAZY

Re: My P-Series Collection

Post by O M CRAZY »

I think that is a good start on becoming a Ruger Fanatic. :D But I think you will enjoy the hunt and the guns. Would love to see some pictures of your collection. They are real easy to post on our forum.

I think I have a "P" gun and will check to see if it is one you are looking for.

Keep us all updated on your quest.

O M CRAZY
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

P M sent regarding P345

O M CRAZY
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

The most under-rated pistols ever. I have owned bunches of them, and never, not one time, have any of them failed to work. The P90 is one of the most accurate .45s I have ever owned! Have owned $1000 Kimbers that would not shoot as well as my P90. I have a P95 that has in excess of 10,000 rounds through it, and it has never failed to go bang..
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
JeHB36

Re: My P-Series Collection-Update.

Post by JeHB36 »

I received the P97 after winning it on gunbroker.com. I was disappointed when I first opened it at my FFL dealer to find a firearm that was over oiled and greased so that the slide was very stiff. I took it home, field stripped, and cleaned it real good. I took it to the range and had the gunsmith look at it to determine if it was safe to shoot. After receiving his ok on the safety factor(and his acknowledgement that the gun looked a lot better after I cleaned it), I fired 50 rounds through it. Man was that comfortable shooting. Also, it had good groups, albeit 2 inches to the left of center target at 35 feet. After shooting it, I believed my first impression may have been wrong.

I also found and purchased a P95 earlier this week. The seller let go of the gun, the original box with everything in it, and 2 extra magazines for $250. The seller claims only 100 rounds fired through it. Another great deal.

O M Crazy, please email me at jhartbowley@ymail.com I am interested in the P345 but cannot/did not receive the PM.
JeHB36

Post by JeHB36 »

Most recent additions. I now have 6 P-series pistols. I have the P-85, P-89, P-90, P94, P-95, and P-97. I have also picked up a Mk III. All look and operate as intended. I will be having a display case made before Christmas. I have attempted to post photos but they are too big. Will try some smaller photos soon. I am also looking at a Mini-14 for my collection as well.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

I am glad to hear you got all the "P" series guns you were looking for!

Now you may consider putting them in display in Tulsa this year. There are still display tables and hotel rooms available.

You would have the only display of "P" series gun there, to my knowledge, and I am sure it would attract a lot of interest. Also, I bet you would have a great time. I would be happy to help with any information you might want.

O M CRAZY
Vince
JeHB36

Re: My P-Series Collection and other Rugers

Post by JeHB36 »

As much as I would like to go to Tulsa, I will not be able to go this year. Plus, the display is not ready. However, the NRA show next year is a possibility ;)
For the first time I have ever heard of a broken P-Series. My local gun shop is repairing a P345 that the safety is not working. Once it is repaired, I will be purchasing it for my collection. :roll:
I have 6 of the 11 P-Series Pistols; the P85, P89, P90, P944, P95 and P97. I have made arrangements to purchase the P345, I am still looking for a P91 and a P93. I have found several P85 MkII, and P94s to choose from once I get funds straightened out. Other Rugers I have are the 9e, mini-14, Mark III 22/45, SP 101, and GP 100. :D
ElNumeroUno

Post by ElNumeroUno »

NRA will be in Atlanta; hope to see you there!
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
JeHB36

Post by JeHB36 »

Update, I did it, I now own one of each of the P-series. Now to get the specialty P-series like the P94 laser. Also, I'd like to add the PC4 and PC9 rifles.