My P-Series Collection

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
flattop44

Re: My P-Series Collection

Post by flattop44 »

Congrad, great accomplishment. Now you need to come to one of our display shows and show those off.
Bill
JeHB36

Post by JeHB36 »

I have moved on from the P-Series. I have purchased 28 firearms in the last 2 years. 4 are not Rugers. I now have 4 different Blackhawks (2 -357 and 2 -44), an early 1960's Single-Six, and a 1976 Police Service Six. I am going to build my first display cabinet this winter. I hope to show soon.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I love the P Series pistols but have yet to add the rifles to my collection. The ones that I do shoot have always been ultra reliable as I cannot recall a malfunction of any type with years of use. I do have a few put up too.

I fear that I'm going to make some people cringe at my next statement but.....we can do better with the younger generations regarding membership if we all also begin to appreciate the NM stuff too. For instance, I could do a P series display...or an SR display but I haven't even considered it until discussing the topic with Lee S. in Tulsa. Many of the younger collectors out there have not had the chance, funds, or time to put together serious collections of OM stuff. I believe that if we encouraged and embraced the NMs from a collectible standpoint that we can and will bring in a more diverse membership and alternate examples of display material.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I don't believe any of us will cringe at that statement at all. I agree and think we have some displayers that are doing a very good job promoting newer guns. Coogs with his Maximums, Vince Carabetta with SR1922s, Big Old Boy with his "Hunting Rugers" No. 1s and New Model revolvers, Bill Ridge's great display of Birdheads, Wayne Dennis with his SR45 display, Bill Hightower with his TALO series Gator, Hog & Wolf 10/22s and Madison Tyler's eye catching Shopkeeper Bearcats display are a few that come to mind. All great displays with readily available Rugers.

We want everyone to bring out whatever they have and like. Display and have fun and grow our club.

FT44 / aka Bill
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

I believe a lot of our members have New Model stuff and many also collect them as well as hunt and shot them. The real problem, as I see it, is getting more of our members to come out and set up a display. I have heard every excuse imaginable for not coming to the shows. I have also seen that once they come out they have a good time and want to come back.

The problem is not with what they have to display it is getting them to come out and set up a display, big or small, new or old, just come out. I am sure you will enjoy yourself and meet new friends and old. You may even find something you want for your collection!

O M CRAZY/aka Vince
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

I have to agree that new members and displayers are the key to our future. By displaying you make a lot of new contacts that can help you with what you like and collect.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
JeHB36

Post by JeHB36 »

Photo of my P-Series
Attachments
All P-Series
All P-Series
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

JeHB36 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:43 pm Update, I did it, I now own one of each of the P-series. Now to get the specialty P-series like the P94 laser. Also, I'd like to add the PC4 and PC9 rifles.
Congratulations!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

That is a real nice collection of "P" series. It would also make a great display. Consider coming to one of our show. If you need any help with a display please don't hesitate to ask.

O M CRAZY/ aka Vince
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Wow! You sure do like the P series. That's a very impressive selection there. Please try to show them with us sometime this year. It's a blast.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber