"B" Bearcat.............

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
rugerguy

"B" Bearcat.............

Post by rugerguy »

picked up this past weekend in a trade, and is new in the box, had stag grips on it but I promised them to a very good friend, so put the factory original grips ( were in the box) back on the gun.....
note the loading gate as well as the housing are chrome plated, AND there is a stamping ( rollmark) of "Smallest Single Action" on the housing......why?? certain no "Owner, user would do anything like that, and the LE officer I got it from claims his father in law told them is was a "salesmans" ?? sample and had gotten it late in 1958.......
Saw Bill Hamms great article on the early Bearcats this past 'ROCS" issue and made me think of asking if anyone ever saw anything like this???

gunman42782

Re: "B" Bearcat.............

Post by gunman42782 »

New one on me!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

That is a neat little revolver. Bill's article & Elmer Keith's #15 Bearcat in the ROCS Digest were great. A family friend when I was a kid had a beat up Bearcat he used on his trapline. It always went BANG and dispatched anything he needed it to. He also used it for hog butchering where it never failed. I am not sure what became of that Bearcat but it had a lot of real use on it. Not a safe queen by any means.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
deltaarnet

Post by deltaarnet »

Very unique Bearcat thanks for the pics.
NRA Life Endowment Member
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

It is certainly unique. I have never seen or heard of one like it. Interesting little Cat.
Bill