Addicted to .44 SBH's, Thanks TEAM ROCS

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
LIBERTY FOREVER

Addicted to .44 SBH's, Thanks TEAM ROCS

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

I've self-diagnosed myself with OM-SBH Obsession. I couldn't find the symptoms in the latest DSM-V, (Diagnostic Statistic Manual of Mental Disorders V edition). However after spending a weekended in Ohio with a group who really helped to expand my knowledge base I'm hopelessly addicted. I've been slowly picking them up in Mahogany cases and cardboard for about a year. I want to thank FT44 (Bill Hamm) for all the answers, emails, questions and constant contact hes endured from me in gaining all the knowledge I can. Additionally his articles on "Gunblast" regarding SBHs and are a real treat. Bill H, Vince C and Don F, have also been great educators through there posts, photos and answering my questions, thank you to all at ROCS who have helped this member learn about and move into a new genre of collecting. Now if I could only get Vince to teach me photography.......

Serial Numbered in order, #1204, #3003, #3004, #3408, #4690

Sincerely
Attachments
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1450.JPG
IMG_1452.JPG
IMG_1454.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG
Last edited by LIBERTY FOREVER on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
LIBERTY FOREVER

Re: Addicted to .44 SBH's, Thanks TEAM ROCS

Opposite Side Barrels,
Two are Eagle Barrels with High Gloss LH
Three are Non Eagle Logo Barrels.
Attachments
IMG_1446.JPG
IMG_1453.JPG
IMG_1455.JPG
IMG_1457.JPG
Last edited by LIBERTY FOREVER on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
LIBERTY FOREVER

Serial Numbered From Left to Right, Serial Numbered in order, #1204, #3003, #3004, #3408, #4690
Attachments
IMG_1442.JPG
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Those are some great looking Supers and some rare ones too. "Eagleless" and "Long Frame" Supers are hard to come by especially in the condition of the ones that you picture. You have really put some fine Rugers together in a relative short period. Keep up the good work! Contact me anytime my friend, I luv to talk Rugers and especially 44s!! :)
Bill
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Gene, You have got some very fine looking Supers and the beginnings of a fine collection. Feel free to e-mail or call with any questions you may have.

My secret in taking pictures is real simple...Buy yourself one of those new cameras that do everything...all I do is frame it and push the button the camera does the rest. :D

See you in Tulsa!

Vince
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

That's wonderful to have found your niche! In a short time, you've accumulated some beautiful guns! Wasn't there some piece of paper for those that you were looking for?
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
LIBERTY FOREVER

Chuck
I've accumulated a few different groupings of Rugers before I really fell hard for one. Like most Ruger folks I have went through a few phases. I still have all my LIBERTY Single Sixes and LIBERTY BLACKHAWKS cant get rid of them. I'm still fond of my double action collection and M77 collection as well. However I've never been bit by the pursuit of something to search every auction site twice daily for an item like I have for OM .44 Super Blackhawks looking for minty examples in cardboard or mahogany. It was great being set up back to back with you in Ohio I really enjoyed it and the assistance from Watertender was awesome.

On your question I was looking for a digital example of the "Makers Mark" Label which is the yellow/tan label affixed inside the case to the top felt lid. I would like to make a display sign similar to the one displayed by John Hightower at the 3rd Annual Huntsville, Alabama Display Show JAN. 27-28, 2018. My goal is to work up to the Six pack of of SBH's as there are six different configurations of them in circulation. Its not an easy feat but possible, i also have a consecutive pair so I would like to add to my #3004 #3005 on either side for another display option. Finding one in a shipper, Finding a single digit, double digit, triple digit, all worthy and exciting enough to keep you awake all night with thoughts of display ideas.

Like I said-ADDICTED
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Gene,

That addiction bug bites hard! Once you get started you can't stop, I know I am still looking for a couple.

After you get all the variations of the "Mahogany " cased guns you need to find the two variations of the "White Boxed" guns. Then about 15 to 20 of the "Black and Red" boxed guns. There you will find a couple of Very rare guns. a couple of "S" guns and 2 "Brass Framed" guns.

The single digit and 2 digit guns are hard to find and when, and if, you do you need deep pockets.

Although I collect a variety of the old model guns the Super Blackhawk has always been my favorite.

O M CRAZY
aka Vince
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

As Vince stated I love the Super Blackhawks in all the sizes styles.
I personally love the feel, size & finishes that Ruger put on them.
Enjoy your passion!
Steve
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
3screws

Post by 3screws »

Gene
Those old SBHs really look nice. Keep up the search. You'll find them.
Geno