ENGRAVED & GOLD INLAYED WORK OF ART!!

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
flattop44

ENGRAVED & GOLD INLAYED WORK OF ART!!

Post by flattop44 »

Thought I would share one of my most beautiful .44 Flattops. This Blackhawk .44 Flattop was found with a cut barrel and so I thought it would make a perfect canvas for a master engraver to do his art. My old friend, Master Engraver Ray Viramontez, famous for engraving the "One Millionth Ruger Pistol" and the RCA Chamber seal guns as well as many, many others was contacted. He really did make it into an outstanding and unique work of art! Engraved and gold inlayed, one of my favorites. While its original walnuts pictured are not shabby, after the pics were taken a few years back it was fitted with a great set of ivories, I need to take some fresh pics with them on it too. Hope you like it!!
Bill
BKH4 #23300 Ray Viramontez Engraved & Gold Inlayed
RoninPA

Re: ENGRAVED & GOLD INLAYED WORK OF ART!!

Post by RoninPA »

Wow, what a beautiful flattop Bill. When I looked at the first picture, when my eyes see the gold inlay around the hammer, top strap, rear of the barrel, bottom of the frame and back of the frame it's like it was purposely outlined to show it off. What a great Ruger.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

That is awesome Bill.
Thanks for posting :)

JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Hey Bill, I believe your carved up .44 has more gold wire than any of my Model 21s! It sure is a pretty piece and if you decide to part with those grips, give me a call as I sure would like to own them? Great engraving job to a .44 FT! Brass Frame.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Bill, you have a truly stunning work of art there and certainly something to be proud of! While I understand the appeal of the ivories and want to see them on it, I too think those walnuts are gorgeous.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Thank all of you, it is a beauty. Ray was one of the best engravers workig with gold on Rugers there was. Lee, while I do love ivory on engraved guns these walnuts ain't going anywhere. 😃
Bill
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Absolutely beautiful work on a great revolver Bill, thanks for sharing.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Not too shabby!
Doc4429

Post by Doc4429 »

Great looking 44 Magnum Bill. Engraved and gold inlaid revolvers are my favorites!!!!!

Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Bill that is a beauty! I would have to dig deep in my trading stock to even make an offer on it. I think my collection of MAD Magazine might even come into play to swing this deal. Sorry Jay but all my marbles also have to be availible to Bill incase he caves in a moment of weakness....
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...