RSS Rescue

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
JAYDAWG

Re: RSS Rescue

Post by JAYDAWG »

flattop44 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:13 am LOL, I bet you are the only one who has ever made that mistake!!😉
Part of the education.
Love those old Flatgates.
Bill
Bill,
Since I am the only one to learn the hard way :lol: .........
I'd bet all WT's marbles (two??) that I will not do it again!!!! ;)
Cheers,
JAY

P.S.
LOVE the new BHK Thanks again.
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Hawkeye28 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:06 am THE REALITY..........."THAT MAINSPRING THING"............long ago. Standing in a hot non air conditioned small desert workshop, mid July, Tucson.........wondering "what the hell have I done?" Resisting the strong urge for a tall Bacardi, I took a rather thin 2x2 block of hard oak, drilled a hole large enough to accomadate the keeper hole end of the strut. After placing the strut vertically in the protected jaws of my vise, I placed the spring on the strut, put the block over it and pushed down, showing the hole into which I placed a small nail. Then taking the strut out of the vise, the block was carefully broken in half using 2 vice vice pliers and the two pieces fell off of the strut.........No need to call a friend and share Bacardi..........The simple joy of recovery after doing something stupid in the first place......... ;) 8-)
Hawkeye.......so far you and FT44 are the only ones to admit to making the same "move" I made.
Obviously men of no fear, like myself... :?:
I must admit while I was in SHI* !! mode my little brain was designing a compression tool made from a nut driver and a
long socket with cut out to slide the nail in, but eventually my soft fingers won out.

Thanks to all for the fun comments & vague sympathy :lol:

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Jay I have a bedpan full of marbles.... I will pick out some clean ones for you. I will retract the disco 8 track tape offer and substitute a Charlie Daniels 8 track in it's place... I will include the wide brim orange felt hat and an orange crushed velvet early 1970's style "urban suit" to replace the leisure suit... You will be stylin' while deer hunting!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...