Tri Color Value

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
Marksman

Tri Color Value

Post by Marksman »

Hello All,
I am looking at a Tri Color in about 80% condition. I thought it would be cheaper than it turns out to be. What should one expect to pay for a gun in that condition. Most of the wear is on the left side of the barrel and on the right side of the ERH. The rest looks pretty decent. I am trying to find the more challenging guns for my collection and this is my first shot at one. Thanks for all your input. Mike
d findley

Re: Tri Color Value

Post by d findley »

I've noticed the price of Tri Colors double just in the last couple of years.
Marksman

Post by Marksman »

What would that be in dollars? I need to decide to bid within hours. The gun is at maybe 80% condition.
Is it worth 600,1000,1500...2000? I hate to miss out because I don't have that crucial piece of information. Thanks again.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I've seen a few sold recently probably in the condition you're describing in the $1350 range. They've become quite desirable and the price guides also have them undervalued.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Hawkeye28

Post by Hawkeye28 »

Frankly, the areas you note can be lived with... 8-) ...they are conditions that can be addressed if you so wish. My concern has always been with the degradation of the notch finish.........1100 to 1375.......Hell, a empty box just sold for slightly over 1000. :o
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

An item in an auction is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
Put YOUR number in and stay there, it will NOT be the last Tri-Color to come
up for auction/sale.
Just my 2 cents worth, but then maybe I'm bidding against you... 8-)

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Marksman

Post by Marksman »

Thank you all for your input, glad to have had some direction. Looks like I got the tri color.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Congratulations! Show us some photos when you get the chance. These are special to me as my grandfather purchased one that has been passed down to me. I have slowly added a few others to my collection but there some members here who have tonnage in this genre. Just for my own reference was I in the ballpark?
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Marksman

Post by Marksman »

Cirrhitidae,
Yes, you were in the ballpark. However I am not sure whether I really got the gun or not.
The auction is over and there seems to be no other way than to wait for an email I am supposed to get after 48 hours. By that time I will have already arrived in Manila for a two week stay.
I will post after I get it. Thanks again for your help. Looking forward to more options after I come back.
radicalrod

Post by radicalrod »

Welcome to the LWAC Club.....now ya need one of each version including the S marked guns....

Then you can start with the boxes too.....I drove 14 hors round trip to over pay for my green wreath boxed gun 8-) 8-) 8-) RR