Got lucky today

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
Rugerologist

Re: Got lucky today

Post by Rugerologist »

A big thanks to Bill Hamm for helping me to acquire the correct grips with the dull medallions for this 1954 RSS. They certainly look much better than those ugly Sports Inc. fake stags and they actually fit properly. I prefer that the eagle on this set has some character rather than looking brand new because as you can tell this gun was "loved". Anything else would have just looked odd for an old and well used flat gate. Counting the gentleman that I traded with who only had it for a short period of time, I am the third caretaker of this gun.
Attachments
IMG-2692.JPG
IMG-2720.JPG
IMG-2721.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Those original grips really due your flatgate it's due justice, Bill is a great guy glad he was able to bring them together and help you out.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Chuck,I know nothing about your knives but you pick up some nice guns.

O M CRAZY
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Chuck, I am happy to have been able to help you out with the set of original grips for your RSS. They are perfect for that gun!! Nice honest Flatgate, you made a great trade.
Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

flattop44 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:15 pm Chuck, I am happy to have been able to help you out with the set of original grips for your RSS. They are perfect for that gun!! Nice honest Flatgate, you made a great trade.
Bill
Hey Bill I have a set of grip screws. Can you send me the rest of the package? I have a BIG sack of marbles and case of Moon Pies for you....
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I have some Roy Roger's grips that are cracked that I can send you. A little glue and you are good to go.
Bill
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Love it when things like this happen! The more you display the more people know what you collect and good things come your way! I just had a early finger groove sporter D gun find me the other day because someone knew what I collect.
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Charlie, I've been considering setting up a display at one of our local shows that happen regularity. The problem with that is that I'd be the only displayer and everyone would be trying to buy stuff! Still, I keep thinking about it. All Ruger, all variety display to show these Arkansans what's out there. Seems like around here everyone tries to be a Winchester guy.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

That would be a good opportunity to pick up some good Rugers. I bought some fine guns over the years by setting up at shows. Put your display under glass or strap to a back board with "Display Only Signs" and then keep an eye on them....lots of folks can't read!! ;)
Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I think I'll do it at the next one and will begin working on the display! Would I be allowed to use my ROCS table cloth?
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber