Black hawk three screw

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
Nahanni

Black hawk three screw

Post by Nahanni »

any Ruger collectors who have any knowledge re Ruger pistols. I came up with a seemingly rare 3-screw Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt caliber a few years ago. Serial # 45-033##.
Manufactured in 1971.
The pistol has a steel dragon type trigger guard with a super blackhawk-type grip,but is not a Super Blackhawk as it says Blackhawk on the frame.
I wrote Ruger,but got zero help from them.any Ruger collectors who have any knowledge re Ruger pistols.
Nahanni

Re: Black hawk three screw

Post by Nahanni »

DSC_0064.jpg
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Probably a previous owner swapped out the grip frame and hammer. I swap out the hammers on my New Model Blackhawks for Supers everytime I get a new one.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

There is a 99% chance it was done by a previous owner.
O M CRAZY
Ironhawk

Post by Ironhawk »

I've seen a couple for sale in past year a 45 and a brass 41 there were boxes with them both and correct me if I'm wrong but a b appeared in model number but I have never heard anything creditable that Ruger ever assembled any but super bh.
Nahanni

Post by Nahanni »

Oh of course.!
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Both the 45 and 41, as well as the 357, 44 Super and the Old Army, were available with a 'Brass" frame. The model numbers for all of them contained a "B", examples: BKH44B, BKH45B, BKH34B,S47B, ect. But the "B" was never put on the box , only on the shipping carton can the 'B" be found in the model number. A factory letter for a "Brass" grip frame is mandatory.
A Steel Super Blackhawk grip frame can be put on any other Blackhawk, but almost impossible to get a factory letter to state it was shipped that way.
O M CRAZY