White Box Super Mystery *HELP*

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
Marksman

Re: White Box Super Mystery *HELP*

Post by Marksman »

Now that explains it...I knew the truth was out there..... Thanks Chad, I will keep the gun and the box apart.

That leads me to ask: Does anyone know who owns serial number 6515?

It also leaves me with a new challenge. Does anyone want to sell me a nice White Box Super? If so, please pm...… Thanks Mike
Hawkeye28

Post by Hawkeye28 »

Something else has occurred to me..........I have vague memories of the RCA offering small quantities of firearms, memorabilia, and non related empty boxes. Steve Vogel would ferret "stuff" from the plant and offer these items to the RCA membership. He was instrumental in the lifeblood of the RCA, even though often at odds with WBR. Vogel was primary in the flow of intimate factory information supplied and massaged into John Dougan's earlier books, often gathered "after midnite", according Vogel in discussions we had about early Rugers. After my fabled impromptu meeting with WBR at the 1983 NRA Phoenix meetings, Steve told me....... ".......that man would have fired me if I hadn''t made him so much money selling his guns in both the international and domestic marketplaces." Adding " you can only imagine what it's like being staff meetings with him(WBR)"........ 8-)
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

I bought a pair of SBH guns in 1990 which came in the white box, and remember a short cleanup of 4" Security Six guns about 1994-95? in white boxes. I never gave a thought as they all came directly through Shooter's Supply in Phoenix, and went on the shelves as-such. I stocked dozens of them. :shock:

Things have never been linear at Ruger, but everyone knows that. I remind folks that the company is primarily a machine shop, not an art gallery!
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Mohavesam wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:23 pm I bought a pair of SBH guns in 1990 which came in the white box, and remember a short cleanup of 4" Security Six guns about 1994-95? in white boxes. I never gave a thought as they all came directly through Shooter's Supply in Phoenix, and went on the shelves as-such. I stocked dozens of them. :shock:

Things have never been linear at Ruger, but everyone knows that. I remind folks that the company is primarily a machine shop, not an art gallery!
The white cased DA's that came out (you say 94-95 but I think it was quite a bit after that) were original 3-digit guns that Ruger had warehoused since 1972 or 1973. Ruger's warehouse cleaning rid themselves of a lot of other early 2 and 3-digit SA's and long guns as well. Many of these went through Williams Shooter Supply, but Davidson's got some as well.
Chet15
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

Thanks! Although Phoenix Shooter's Supply was a wholesaler-distributor, we probably did get them from Davidson's. Those were all before internet ordering and dates are at the mercy of my memory, or what is left... I'm not a collector so they're what "white box" means to me! 8-)
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops: