Single Six RSSM question

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
Ruger8r

Single Six RSSM question

Post by Ruger8r »

I am looking at a 3-screw revolver with a box labeled RSSM, 6 1/2" bbl, .22 CAL W.M.R. REVOLVER but with a serial number higher than the Reference shows (403XXX). It has the RUGER .22 CAL SINGLE SIX roll Mark. Offered with the red/black/yellow box, a .22 LR cylinder with a little brown "factory fitted" box and a red cylinder pouch. Grips are factory wood with black on silver logo. Under $500 seems like a fair price at probably 95%. The seller claims it is from 1959 and was not factory upgraded for safety. Looking for advice on value? Any help appreciated.
Never mind, I figured it out - it's a Convertible 6 1/2" made in 1964. Might be a little high.
Learning,
Owen
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
SteveRuger

Re: Single Six RSSM question

Post by SteveRuger »

I did not look it up but the 1964 date or later sounds about right. The RENE prices it out at $455 but with all the extras $500 is pretty close.
They are fun to shoot!
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Thanks, SteveRuger.

Yep, I just got the RENE and saw that but wasn't sure what it should include. The condition may be higher as there is no apparent turn line on the installed cylinder - the other one is not shown. The ejector rod sleeve appears darker than the rest of the blue.

They are a lot of fun. When I was a kid my brother in law let me take his very early single six out to shoot up the countryside. Years later I traipsed around the Idaho Primitive Area one summer for the Forest Service with a short-barrel, nickle-plated? Convertible lent to me by a friend. Little did I know - I just shot it.

So, you know how it goes, I probably should have one. This one is whispering "Take me home".
O
Last edited by Ruger8r on Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

The Ejector houseing on that model will be a slight color off the housing is aluminum that has been anodized they try to get as close to the steel blue color.
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!