Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
Ruger8r

Re: Obtaining Ruger Letters

Post by Ruger8r »

Anyone get any letters recently?
O
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
Tenpoint

Post by Tenpoint »

UPDATE on my original inquiry back in May 2020:

Some good news!

Still no letters from Ruger in the mail, but I forgot to tell you guys I did get a voicemail a few months ago from Ruger. Sounds like they can't get into the offices where most of the hard records are kept. We might not see letters until Spring or Summer 2021.

I had sent in a pile of letter requests, but the VM gave me ship date and destination for just 4 firearms. But I'm quite happy because there was a winner in the bunch:

BKH46 #29594 with the XR3RED grip frame shipped in October 1962 to the Army & Airforce Exchange in New York.

They were unable to confirm the BKH47 models barrel length but did give me the ship dates and destinations.

So there you have it.

And a big thank you to Linda at Ruger for the call (voicemail)!

Tenpoint
Tenpoint

Post by Tenpoint »

Good news! I received a pile of letters from Ruger today!
Among them was a letter confirming a BKH-47 21484 as legit from the factory (some had questioned the neat crowning of the muzzle),
and a letter confirming that BKH-46 #29594 was shipped with a XR3-RED grip in October 1962.
See attached pics of each letter.
The other good news, for you guys at least, is that while I was waiting for these letters to arrive (over a year), I sold both guns (to different dealers), so both guns are back in circulation.
I'll hang on to the letters in case another ROCS member ends up with one or the other. Just send me a PM.
Yup, I know, but I had dupes, and needed to consolidate the Ruger SA collection to make room in the safe for some other goodies...
Keep your eyes open!
Tenpoint
Attachments
Legit 7"
Legit 7"
XR3RED BKH46
XR3RED BKH46
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Those are great letters. I believe that is the first one I have ever seen verifying the XR3-RED grip frame. The office is still closed, employees working from home. The lady who does the old model letters has to get permission and is going to the office only a couple of hours at a time to try to get those letters out for us. We sure are indebted to her for helping us out.
Bill