Duplicate Super Single-Six

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
67stingray

Duplicate Super Single-Six

Post by 67stingray »

Here is a listing on Gunbroker for a "D" prefixed SC6, the notable thing about it is the S/N which is D501355, all the research I've seen are in the 52XXXX range. If anything it can be added to your information in R.E.N.E Chad. The price seems high but it comes with one of the Ruger Practical Holsters which helps it out.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869426886
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
SteveRuger

Re: Duplicate Super Single-Six

Post by SteveRuger »

Just looked at my list & mine is D528466.
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
JussBad

Post by JussBad »

The pictures are not a Super Single-Six. The gun pictured is a Single-Six. I think that's where the difference is on the "D" information.
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

JussBad, looking at it you are correct, it is not a Super. That raises the point that the 500000 S/N block was reserved for the Super Single-Sixes. This might be one of the only Standard Single-Sixes with a 5XXXXX serial number- the reason for the Duplicate.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

67stingray wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:49 am JussBad, looking at it you are correct, it is not a Super. That raises the point that the 500000 S/N block was reserved for the Super Single-Sixes. This might be one of the only Standard Single-Sixes with a 5XXXXX serial number- the reason for the Duplicate.
Bennett
There were slightly over 5,000 D prefix fixed Sight Single-Sixes in this block, made up of RSS5X and RSSMX.
I think there were probably also a very few RSS5W in that block but have yet to verify an example.
When these were duplicated, a few got out without getting the "D" treatment, so those are rare also.
Chet15