Single-Six #244090

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
Ruger8r

Re: Single-Six #244090

Post by Ruger8r »

Thanks, guys.
Wow, that's a lot of fanning. What a maroon.
Who does that cylinder work, if I may, rugerguy?
I have a nice un-marked LR cylinder for it now, as well.
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

any local gunsmiths (prefer revolver smith) in your area?? that work is a piece of cake really, wish I had a nickel for everyone I have done in all these years since the early 1970s.....plus there are guys like Bobby Tyler over in Texas, but not sure of how busy they may be..you can always find another cylinder just need to know the over length of that cylinder to match it up, should be around 1.620" for the old models...I been retired for a few years now and closed up the shop, my gunsmith partner Walt has closed down their shop and all his stuff, tanks, etc., is in storage,,,still looking for a place to set up shop...wish you were closer to here, could always do one by hand, like I was trained back in the early 70's, but gotta find someone to "dip" it (blue) 8-) :roll:
Do you know Gary 'jussbad' over in Ca.??? check with him...... ;)
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Since this cylinder is stamped/numbered for the gun, I won't be replacing it. I could pick up a finish reamer and clean it up but I don't really plan on shooting it even though it has a nice action job and trigger. I just have to look at the dings as patina, I guess. Still rare, just not 98%.
Resizer_16482440325920.jpg
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector